Is my tank set up ideal for zebras at 4cm

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

finetaste
Forum Follower

Is my tank set up ideal for zebras at 4cm

Post by finetaste »

Hi everyone.

I have 4 zebras around about at 4cm in a 2ft tank. Im running a under gravel filter, eheim internal filter 2010 (220-500l/h) and eheim air pump 400 (50-400l/h).

I'm not sure if the current/flow of the water in the tank is too excessive for the fish, although i switch the internal filter off at night during feeding time and start it up in the morning again.

Hopefully someone more experienced could guide me in the right direction.

Thank you
Reg :)
ZebKeeper
Groupie

Post by ZebKeeper »

I would suggest more hidding place. The second rock from the left looks like it can fall at any time.

Cheers.
finetaste
Forum Follower

Post by finetaste »

Yes i thought about putting more hiding places, but the reason why i haven't done so is because when its time for feeding i know where they all are and i drop all there feed right about where they hide. Once they get bigger then i will definitely put more hiding places. :)

thanks for advice though

cheers
Reg
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Hi Reg

I use sand & bb for fry in my tanks, you will find some food will get trapped between the gravel.

Turning off your internal filter is not a good idea, as the bateria in the filter can not live long without the oxygen flow so die & can pollute your water.

Luckly you are still running undergravel so you will still have some bateria alive to cycle your tank.

Turning off power heads is ok, but not filters :wink:
finetaste
Forum Follower

Post by finetaste »

Thank you for the good advice Stevie :)