F0 females look like males?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Zebedee
Obsessed!!

F0 females look like males?

Post by Zebedee »

i was told by imer that 'F0 wild caught females look like males but are actually 100% female'. is this statement bulls**t as i said that the group in this photo looked like nearly all if not all males.
John

Post by John »

Zebedee wrote:i'm looking into getting a breeding group 2M3F to add to the 9 zebs i already have
Would this pic be that breeding group?
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Zebedee
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebedee »

he sent me 2 pictures. i said i would be happy to accept the plecos in the other photo 'below' as i thought that the first picture above looked like more males. his reply was F0 females look like males but are 100% female. what do you think? rubbish?
I_Need_Zebras
Obsessed!!

Post by I_Need_Zebras »

Don't do it, avoid this zeb seller at all costs, just do a quick search on here and you will see that he will take your money and the fish never arrives.
Zebedee
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebedee »

i have read about him but after talking to twotankamin who thinks he has reformed and seeing his feedback on aquabid i would take the risk. i paid using escrow so if they do not turn up then the payment can be stopped
pureplecs
Groupie

Post by pureplecs »

Indeed I've read some negative feedback, but I have also seen positive feedback from people over here in the U.S as well.... In fact the zebra juvies that I have came from someone that purchased the adults from Imer. If you aren't sure, but still interested... I believe the seller utilizes the escrow service, which is designed to protect both the buyer as well as the seller in the transaction which is something you may consider on such a costly deal. :D
pureplecs
Groupie

Post by pureplecs »

Sorry Zebedee... I did not see your last post prior to posting mine, guess we were both typing at the same time. Good luck with your transaction, I'm sure everything will be fine!! :D Let us know!!
Zebedee
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebedee »

indeed i will i may be calling on the help of the fellow zebraplec friends to help me sex them before i accept the fish. Although i only get 24 hours to do so :wink: :wink:
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Someone that has robbed so many people over the years may have reformed enough to abide by the law, but that first picture is most definitely full of males. I have a female that looks very much like a male, but she also is full of eggs and easy to tell the difference on. Those fish are in good condition, but, IMO, male. If you breed as many fish as he sells, that should be something obvious. Good luck! TTA hasn't actually had experience with him yet, to my knowledge, although I do know he's considering taking the risk for some of those fancy L236 he's always posting ;).

Hopefully you'll really receive some females. Be sure to list in your escrow agreement just how many recognizable females need to be included in the shipment, just in case.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
John

Post by John »

I hope you are not paying those ridiculous aquabid prices, a group like that is easily found in germany and would cost 750 euro max.
Greetings,
John
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Let us know how it all goes the first picture looked mainly full grown adult males to me this is going by head shape very pointed no rounded plumped body shape either sorry
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I said it appears as if he is delivering what he advertises. However, there is no way to know.

I talk about getting the 236, but over that distance and even using escrow I would still be very leery. I just would really love to have some of those fish.

I would consider him a last resort for fish not available from almost any where else.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
John

Post by John »

TwoTankAmin wrote:I said it appears as if he is delivering what he advertises. However, there is no way to know.

I talk about getting the 236, but over that distance and even using escrow I would still be very leery. I just would really love to have some of those fish.

I would consider him a last resort for fish not available from almost any where else.
TTA , i 100% understand your excitement about L236 :)

However, the auction is for 3-3,5 cm. fish so it's not the fish in the picture :wink:

You won't be able to identify the fish as L236 for another 1,5 years.
On second note i would say 3-3,5 cm. is to small to ship intercontinental :shock:
Greetings,
John
Zebedee
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebedee »

i wish i had contacts to get zebs for 750 euros but i do not, the prices are ridiculous i realise that. i just love these fish and are willing to shell out the money. you wouldn't be able to get zebs for that price over here in england, a group of wild zebs on ebay went for £1800 i'm sure a lot of you on here saw them. also i don't speak german so i cant search on any german sites even though i would be willing to go to germany to fetch them i wouldn't have a clue where i was going to find them. :(
pureplecs
Groupie

Post by pureplecs »

:D Any updates?

I was stoked yesterday because I tore apart my zebra tank to do a thorough cleaning and I counted all 6 juvies. This made me very happy because I can usually only count 3 to 4 at a time, always leaving me to wonder if they are all still in there! They are! 8)