hi there

Hmmm...what else can I say!
Arowana

hi there

Post by Arowana »

hello everyone, just thought id introduce myself, although relitively young, i have been keeping coldwater and topical fish since i was a little boy, and yes it all started from a trip to the local funfair, i won a goldfish, got a bowl, then some tank mates and a larger tank as they grew,then they died when i was on holiday, so got some tropicals, you get the idea! now todate
i have a large 8k gallon koi pond, all jap high quality markings and body shape, ranging from 5" to 30" plus with a value of over 40k and a few sturgeons and sterlets adding to value each year when i measure their growth! thats just out doors
in doors i have a 4x2x3wide tropical tank with 3 super red arowanas, 4 datnoids and 4 rays.
in addition to this i have a community oddball tank4x2x2, wich is home to a silver arowana, 2 albino tinfoil barbs and 2 normal tinfoil barbs 4 pangasius ranging from 3" to 20" and a number of wild caught colombian royal panaques,salfin plec, silver shark,very large silver dollar,3 10" clown loaches.
these two tanks are next to each other, so looks huge
and i have another tank with a fire eel and 3 gold severums, the eel was actually a stowaway and was hidden in the box between plants in the same shipment that the sevrums were sent in hes now over 24" long and is very tame and playfull.
i also have a tank full of guppies and neons with lots of plants as i love the look of so many colourfull fish in one tank!
today july 2008, was a milestone for me as i breed my rays and clown loaches rare but have had a few spawn, and have started on breeding my super red arowanas, i always wanted a few L046 zebra plec and thanks to jo my dream has come true i now have 3 little baby zebras and hope to raise them with the forecast of breeding them.
if your wondering how i maintain the tanks, thats the easy part, auto RO and HMA filterered water that is auto filled in to the tanks from my sumps from an outdoor shed to my tanks and pond all i do is open the taps and recycle the water from the tanks/pond to water my grass, which grows green!
well thats just a little bit about me, i hope to bring an interesting twist to this forum and hope i can call on your dedicated level of knowledge for assistance in keeping the L046 and my other fishes.
regards sanjay
John

Post by John »

Welcome Arowana :)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Great introduction and interesting tanks, welcome :)
sam
Obsessed!!

Post by sam »

:D Welcome :D
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Very impressive Sanjay, a big welcome to the site :)