Fry Survival Rate Percentage

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Fry Survival Rate Percentage

Post by Andrew C »

After reading another thread where T.T.A. said his fry losses were about 40%, it has me wondering what the general percentage of fry losses were that zebra breeders have ?

Last year from about fifty to sixty fry had a survival rate of about 20%.

It is not a topic to see who has the best survival rate, etc, i am just interested to see what is the average survival rate of zebra fry.

What are other breeders experiences ?
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I have lost a total of 7 and 55 surviving this year last year I lost 2 but had less spawns
5 were at egg stage these were ejected from the cave by the dad I think this was matural selection on his part one was really badly deformed it grew a head but no tail and its spine was very twisted 2 were at fully formed stage one last week at around 3 weeks old after I moved a lot of the fry I am not sure if he got injured and 1 at around 2 months old.
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
canedog
Forum Follower

Post by canedog »

I haven't raised zebra fry (yet) so I can't contribute data, but I am curious to hear what people are experiencing. It would be interesting to hear as well what percentage mortality is being seen at various stages of development and what strategies are being used to minimize losses.

Andrew, what does your mortality curve look like?

CD