Tank after net

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Brengun
Groupie

Tank after net

Post by Brengun »

I have my 7 zebs in a broodnet until they get eating well and grow a bit.
The tank is 50cm and contains 5 juvi bronze corydoras, and 10 sparkling gourami.
The substrate is gravel and sand, there are several plants and a couple of little caves ready for the zebs.

I am just thinking ahead here, but should I think about moving out all the corydoras, and would the sparkling gourami be ok to stay?

Also, should I gradually siphon out the substrate over time with wc so the zebs have a nice smooth bottom?

At the same time, I could gradually pot different plants so they can be moved around the tank. What do you think?
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Hi
Remove the gourami and the corys although corys are less of a threat to the zebs they will eat there food. You should be ok sucking the gravel sand out over time I did that myself in one tank last year the bare bottom tanks don't look as good but are far easier to keep clean
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk