Who has a good picture of a L173

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
sharko
Groupie

Who has a good picture of a L173

Post by sharko »

As i am trying to write an aticle on H. zebra, i am looking for a good picture of L173.

Anynoe out there who would like to donate a picture?

Credit will be given in the article.
Visit my home page and sign my guestbook:)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Sharko,

What would you consider to be L173? There appears to be some difference of oppinion on this subject. Some say that a broken/disjointed pattern is L098 and a wavy lined pattern is L173. I have both and could help with pictures if you want. I'm pretty sure that Duma would also help out.
sharko
Groupie

Post by sharko »

Du ma has 2 pictures of L98(datz 6/92:349) that matches aqualog to the tee.

http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtop ... highlight=

from the buttom and up thread number 6
L173 in the beginning of the post.

One can always discuss the accuracy of aqualog however, since i find it a bit confusing sometimes :?

In aqualog(2004) there is only 2 pictures of L98, and the picture i already got from you Adam, matches more with L173 than L98-according to the 2 pictures in Aqualog

According to to Aqualog(2004) L173 is identified as Hypancistrus sp.

Why?
It looks like the same plec, but with different stripes, and they come from the same river..so to me it is irrelevant what L- number they have as i consider them all to be h.zebra, but in order to show they have different patterns i am asking for a L173 picture. :lol:

According to datz L173 is another variation of H. zebra. The only speciman of this form known presently(1996) deviates from the normal zebra pleco primarily in that it has a different body shape.

Has this perception changed since 96?

The picture in my head of H. zebra is the one with straight fine lines, however i need to do somthing regarding that image :lol:

Please correct me if i am way of base here :)
Visit my home page and sign my guestbook:)