Aussie Zebra keepers

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
eeeeemo
Forum Follower

Aussie Zebra keepers

Post by eeeeemo »

hello.

just want to ask zeb keepers in australia.. what are the custom rules like regarding bringing livestock over..

as im going to migrate to australia.. i cant bear to leave my zebs behind in singapore.. i wonder if shipping/flying them over is possible as the prices of zebs in australia is sky high, i do not want to repurchase new zebs when im there, if there are even people willing to sell...
davo
Groupie

Post by davo »

Hi eeeeemo

The answer is simply NO you can not import these fish. There is only one Loricariid on the import list and thats L104 ,not very exciting i know, but most fish are available if you have the $. You would be hard pressed to find any adults available, but some times you can get 3 cm ones at $500 + a piece.
Sorry for the bad news,if i was you i would stay put where zebras are plentiful

All The Best

Davo
Zebrapl3co
Obsessed!!

Post by Zebrapl3co »

Lol. I am just curious, but isn't there a one time thing that allows to bring just about anything that is legal into Australia if you where moving there. I seem to recall that if you are immigrating to down under, you can actually bring some live animals in as long as you get it through custom. It's not like they don't have zebra plecos in Australia anyway. They are just fiercely defending mass imports.
davo
Groupie

Post by davo »

Zebrapl3co wrote:Lol. I am just curious, but isn't there a one time thing that allows to bring just about anything that is legal into Australia if you where moving there. I seem to recall that if you are immigrating to down under, you can actually bring some live animals in as long as you get it through custom. It's not like they don't have zebra plecos in Australia anyway. They are just fiercely defending mass imports.
The magic word here is legal, these fish are not legal imports.

Regards
Davo