Carnaval season

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
Prune Tracy
Forum Follower

Carnaval season

Post by Prune Tracy »

So has anyone had any good, bad, or scary carnaval stories from this year yet. Last night my girlfriend and I celebrated carnival with our capoeira school at the local university. Lots of dancing and some great imported beer that anyone here should be able to appreciate. If you have the opportunity to get some Xingu beer I'd advise you to throw down the cash because it's worth every penny (and my beer snobbery is on a paar with any European's). Capoeira Regional do Brasil (our school) performed last and knocked the crowd dead. If nothing else, this made the whole night worth while because there is nearly nothing that can help foster a growing connection between people better than a night of dancing and celebration. Happy Carnaval everybody.
Adam

Post by Adam »

The only carnival worthy of mention that is held in the UK is the Notting Hill carnival. I was dragged along many moons ago and it was quite an enjoyable day. I wouldn't really consider going these days as there have been a few violent incidents in recent years, it looks like the criminal element see revellers as easy targets. Much safer to stay at home and look after the zebras :lol: .