Need Advice Please (Pectoral Fins)

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

jpboscar3
Groupie

Need Advice Please (Pectoral Fins)

Post by jpboscar3 »

Hello All,
I had my first successful spawn (3 Fry) over a year ago. Now when I look at their pectoral fins they just don’t look right to me. The fins look to big and curved up and out. They are from wild caught parents so inbreeding shouldn’t be a factor. Below are pictures of the three. Can you give me your opinion of the fish, and if they are deformed what would you suggest I do with them?

Thank You, Jeff

ImageImage
ImageImage
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I also think they look a bit unusual, but I would wait and see how they develop.

Did you keep them in a frytrap?
jpboscar3
Groupie

Post by jpboscar3 »

Hi McEve and thanks for the response,
I have kept the three in a 10 gallon tank by themselves since they were about 2+ months old. I was wondering if it could have something to do with when they were fry. I use pinecone looking caves so the back is funneled to a single point, and maybe they got squashed. I really don’t know. I now have a total of about 30 juveniles at different stages of growth but these were the first. I haven’t checked the others for abnormalities yet but I will this weekend.
Thanks Again, Jeff
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

I spotted these on ebay and though the same - its not just one thats got issues - all of them look odd...

I'd keep them and grow them up... they look like perfectly health fish in all other aspects...
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]