zebs in discus tank

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

lawrie909
Forum Follower

zebs in discus tank

Post by lawrie909 »

hello , i have 9 adult zebs in a nice tank set up , but have found myself neglecting them a little as my main aquarium is well stocked with discus , other plecos, corys , tetras , is where i like to spend my time watching etc. i know the water quality is fine for zebs in my discus tank , but would they be ok in there , would they feed?
Ronap
Forum Follower

Post by Ronap »

Hi

I am a newbie here but dont Zebs like a fast moving current and Discus prefer it a bit slower?

BTW - I would be more than happy to look after the Zebs if you dont have the time! :lol:

Rona
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

You can keep zebs with discus easily. The problem is the other fish you list- notably other plecos and corys. There will almost likley be problems related to the plecos in terms of agression and territory. The corys are active eaters and will likley steal the zebras lunch. The oother plecos will also likely out compete the zebras for food as well.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
lawrie909
Forum Follower

Post by lawrie909 »

ok, ive put my zeb tank into rainy season .. lets see if they breed . if they dont, i think ill keep a few , put them in my discus tank , and sell the rest maybe. they for sure dont eat a lot anyway
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

If they don't eat a lot they might not be in breeding condition? Please put your location in your profile :)