New Rio 180 L134 Leopard Frog Pleco setup

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Jo's Zebs

New Rio 180 L134 Leopard Frog Pleco setup

Post by Jo's Zebs »

For some time I have been after a new tank and project :idea: I love my plecos and next to L46 the L134s are my favourites.
Yestarday I bought a Rio 180 to have as a L134 tank
I had been setting it up all evening so I thought you might like to share.
My hubby kindly offered to construct the cabinet for me bless and my DIY skills are :censored:
I have opted for the minimal look to go with the room at the moment I am not planning on planting it up this may all change though.
I have used black gravel which I now love, I wish I had it in all my tanks too late now though.
I have added an extra internal filter that I had spare to create more ariation and flow also added an ario.
I have used a large piece of bogwood to create two areas and have put in two coconut caves for effect and one slate breeding cave the other 2 I will use are in the quarentine tank at the moment for the L134s to use untill this tank is cycled.
I am waiting on delivery of a full length air wall, backing poster and juwel defuser.
I might add an external filter at some point. Do you think I should add a backup heater I have got spares to hand.
What do you think?
Taking delivery of 5 L134s in the morning :yahooscream: from Tri-Mar they will have to live in the quarentine tank for a while yet can't wait I will post some pictures later today. :wink:
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
Jo's Zebs

Progress update

Post by Jo's Zebs »

A bit more
Rest done just waiting on airwall delivery
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Looking good :aok: even better when the fish are in :)
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

Smart looking tank, great choice for the Leopard Plecs 8) Would be nice to see it with the inhabitants!
These are beautiful little babes!
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Hi
I can't wait to see the fish in there they are in the quarentine tank untill thiers is cycled so patience i will have to have for a change :lol: :lol:
John

Post by John »

Great looking setup, i am sure they will feel at home :)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

nice one :)
Jo's Zebs

L134 picture updates

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Hi
In they are all 5 well hidden seem to be popping out a bit though :lol:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Looking great! But watch the Nitrate and ammonia. One week isn't very long for a tank to cycle :)
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Thanks will do
I used mature filter media to fill the aquaball and half and half for the juewl filter and added Prodibio Bio Digest
John

Post by John »

Great looking leopard's you've got there, how big are they now?
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

hi
I would say that the biggest is 4" and the smallest 3 - 3.5" I think they are not far off fullgrown they are all very chunky. :lol:
Ronap
Forum Follower

Post by Ronap »

Looking good Jo!

2 heaters are always better than 1 IMO.
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Hi
I have been toying with the idea of an extra heater for this tank as I have an extra one on the zeb tank. The one on the outside of the filter box is the only one I upgraded the powerhead to a 1500 so it will not fit in as normal now but almost 3 fold the flow from the juewl filter now so I suppose no hidden heater is the trade off. I have bought a tempreature alarm just waiting for it to be posted as I have a real fear of over cooking my fish. I might put a smaller backup heater in at some point.
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

High Rated Heating Blog

Post by FrankJScott »

In reply to the lady talking about gills plumbing, heating forced air, warm air heating engineers near me, charles stone heating and cooling, radiant heating and cooling, mini split heating and cooling, I highly suggest this high rated plumbing installation service url or my guy heating and air, carrier heating, auburn heating and air, cb plumbing and heating, patricks heating and air, boiler company near me, and don't forget this best plumbing installation service url alongside all furnace replacement near me, buzzell plumbing, heater tune up, gunthers heating and air, lennox furnace repair near me, electric home heating, on top of this best AC installation service details which is also great. Also have a look at this recommended boiler installation service blog and don't forget express heating and air, boiler repair near me, mobile home furnace repair near me, 24 hour boiler repair, day heating, comfort heating and cooling, as well as this great heating cleaning service url as well as lennox repair near me, air on heating and on cooling, furnace repair company, heating system repair, gas boiler maintenance, allied heating and cooling, not to mention top rated plumbing cleaning service info which is also worth a look. I also recommend this recommended AC repair service link not to mention electric house furnace, plumbing and heating engineer, hvac heating, trusted plumbing and heating, bud anderson heating and cooling, mjm plumbing and heating, as well as this new heating repair service site alongside all 24 hour heating and air, heating and cooling repair services near me, heating ac, h20 plumbing and heating, miller heating and cooling, modern heating, and don't forget best boiler repair service forum which is also great. Finally, have a look at this recommended AC cleaning service forum for good measure. Check more Best Heating Details 8c7f68d