BUYING YOUNG ZEBS OF IMAR GERMANY

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

POOLIE

BUYING YOUNG ZEBS OF IMAR GERMANY

Post by POOLIE »

HI I AM THINKING OF BUYING 4 YOUNG ZEBS OF IMAR IN FRANKFURT GERMANY, ANY ONE USED HIM BEFORE? IS HE RELIABLE? DOES HE SHIP QUICK AND WELL? IS COLLECTING AT AIRPORTS A PAIN? DOES HE DO DOOR TO DOOR? ARE THEY PACKED WELL AND MOST IMPORTANTLY ARE THEY ALWAYS IN GOOD CONDITION ON ARRIVEL? SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS JUST WANT THE MOST INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE BEFORE TAKING ANY RISKS. CHEERS ALL POSTS APPRECIATED.
crazyplec46
Groupie

Post by crazyplec46 »

never used him so Im no help at all

Im just being nosey about the transaction:oops:

How much is all this costing??
I now have 8 L046 Zebras :)
John

Post by John »

Imar :lol: you probably mean imer oezay, or did he change his name due to his succes?

I advise you to find a local source where you can pick up your fish.
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

I agree with John, to buy your fry from a local source and view the fish you are buying.

There are plenty of people on this site that will help you source some fry close to you.

I have personally travelled hundreds of miles to source my fish personally from the uk & have been very happy with what i have seen & bought.

If you don't like what you see you can easily walk away, hope this helps. :)
POOLIE

Post by POOLIE »

SORRY YES I MENT IMER :D NOTICED ON ANOTHER FORUM HE WAS SELLING 3-4.5" FOR £120 AND 5-6" FOR £185 IS THAT A GOOD DEAL? ITS THE CHEAPEST I SEEM TO BE ABLE TO FIND AT THE MOMENT WITH THE INTERNET, I DONT NO ANY BREEDERS PERSONALY . LIKE I SAY I AM AFTER 4 WITH THE INTENTION OF BUILDING UP A GROUP OF 10 TO 15 OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS TO GO IN A RIO 400. WOULD LIKE TO GET MY STOCK FROM DIFFERENT SOURCES IF POSSIBLE, I LIVE IN THE NORTH EAST IS THEIR ANY LOCAL BREEDERS AROUND HERE?
rickylbc
Groupie

Post by rickylbc »

POOLIE wrote:SORRY YES I MENT IMER :D NOTICED ON ANOTHER FORUM HE WAS SELLING 3-4.5" FOR £120 AND 5-6" FOR £185 I
I didn't know they get that big! 6"? :roll: ... Can you please not use caps. :wink:
John

Post by John »

The sizes you mention are centimeters.
I would stay away from this guy if i were you, to many people with bad experiences, i was waiting for a reaction from some forum members to tell you their experiences first hand though.
The price for a 3-4,5 cm. baby in germany is at the moment between 50-65 euro's, depends how many you buy.
Please do some math and figure out how much this guy makes....that's if he delivers otherwise it's a 100% profit :wink:
Greetings,
John
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

agree with John :) i almost buy some zebs from him since i first got here in this website. at that time, i just found some old topic discuss about his reputation and i decide not to take a chance. :?
POOLIE

Post by POOLIE »

Sorry ment cm :oops: , not to used to all this forum stuff. Looks like it could be best to look somewhere else from what i here.
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Hi Poolie, i live a bit below you in E.Yorkshire i have some 7 week old fry that will be available in a while don't know if this is of interest to you? :)

Good luck in your zebra hunting :wink:
John

Post by John »

Well poolie looks like your prob is solved :wink:
Greetings,
John
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Go to "Search" and type Imer as search term. You'll find lots of threads about this person, amongst those this one: http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtop ... highlight=

Several members on this board has suffered financial and emotional strain through "trading" with this person. We have decided not to allow advertisement of sales from this person on this board.
garfieldnfish

Post by garfieldnfish »

I know this is an old thread, but Imer actually send it to me to translate it for him as his English is a little limited. I figured I might as well put my 2 cent into it while I am at it.
I saw not one person answering this thread that actually bought fish from him, so all the replies are from people repeating things they have heard. I have bought 5 zebra plecos from Imer last spring. They were well packaged, arrived with a great appetite and in enough water to qualify for a fish tank and are now growing rapidly in my tank. The customs part was a bit frustrating here in the US, but I managed to convince the officials that I had no intentions of re-selling the fish or breeding (lol) them and they let me go without having to purchase an import license. That was the only problem I had with the transaction. I do, however, speak fluent German and a lot of the problems people seem to have run into with Imer is the fact that he cannot explain delays or other unforeseen problems easily. I have offered him my help in translating for him if problems arise, but that is only for translation purposes. I am not here to take his side. I have read a few accounts of people that were upset but I also heard his side of the story in a couple of cases. And both of them were because he is a bit impatient and also because he was not explaining what he was doing well enough. He has the fish, he delivers the fish, but you have to be a little flexible and don't expect the fish to be there the next day after you paid for them.
If you want zebras, have the money and don't want to wait for a good deal, Imer has them.
11 tanks and still wanting more
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Guys

Sorry for my absesnce, I have been in parts far far away ;-).

Saw this thread and throught I would just give a brief point of view without making it too bias.

We allowed Imer to advertise on the site free of charge and gave him a huge amount of responsibility in doing so. For months afterwards I was bombarded with e-mails from people not recieving fish, ( i can recolect 2 who lost all their money totalling to almost $1000), and several recieving fish of 3-4cm advertised at 6cm and definately female. I spent 2 months trying to findout what was happening trying to assist Imer with smooting out his problems. In the end I gave up as his stories changed every week, and Imer just stopped replying to people asking where their fish were.

At times Imers service was good, but at other times it was absolutely shocking. I would suggest you read through the forum and read as many posts as possible, then make your informed decision.

Good luck

Rob
:)
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"