Eheim pro 3 filters

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

GS
Groupie

Eheim pro 3 filters

Post by GS »

Hello All

Does anyone know if the above filters have heaters built in? Also, does anyone have any experience of these filters, are they recommended?

Many thanks.
GS
blueblue
Obsessed!!

Re: Eheim pro 3 filters

Post by blueblue »

GS wrote:Hello All

Does anyone know if the above filters have heaters built in? Also, does anyone have any experience of these filters, are they recommended?

Many thanks.
yes GS, there is an Eheim Prof 3 Thermo :)
http://www.eheimasiapacific.com/English ... herma.html
John

Post by John »

I hope the pro3 has a better thermostat as the pro2, better read this thread: pro2
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
GS
Groupie

Post by GS »

Yes I know, I read this. Sounds terrible.

I have to say though that I've been using Eheim Thermos for years with no probs. I do agree though that it would make sense to use two small heaters instead of one big one.
GS
FISHLOVERL046

Post by FISHLOVERL046 »

I work at a Pet Shop and can tell you that there are two sizes of the Pro 3 Thermo. My latest Ehiem Purchace was a Ehiem Pro 3e. This is that Micro-Processor bells and whistles thing, works really well, better than expected. I would personaly just put a heater in the tank and get one without the heater, they cost alot more and I have seen the heaters in them break many times.
Jarred
Elaine
Groupie

Post by Elaine »

Hiya,

I have the Pro 3 2080 on a large discus tank. The clarity and water quality is excellent but the noise ( drone ) is driving me insane.

Done all the usual checks : trapped air, kinks/obstructions in the pipework,
overloaded media, ill fitting baskets, faulty impeller/shaft, impeller housing.....you name it I've checked it, but I just can't get rid of the awful drone.

Anyone else experience this type of problem with these filters ?

If so........please do tell !

Cheers
Elaine
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

There are 2 models of the Eheim Pro 3, 2080 and 2180. The 2180 comes with a built in heater. The Eheim Pro 3e models do not have built in heaters, yet. The Pro 3e's are the electronic versions, that automatically expel trapped air, wave function, etc.

As far as heater malfunctions on the Pro 2's, I guess any heater can fail. Electronics can. Fortunately for me, I had no problems with mine and I've owned my Eheim Pro II 2128 for over 5 years. I remember reading a thread on another forum that the Eheim there was a problem with the heater controller part in their older models. I guess I have a newer one, since I never had any problems.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I run a couple of the prior models- the Pro II 2026. I use inline heaters on both rather than having the in filter ones. They work great and I have no issues at all. Both heaters have been running for a couple of years now.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Defi
Forum Follower

Post by Defi »

Elaine wrote:Hiya,

I have the Pro 3 2080 on a large discus tank. The clarity and water quality is excellent but the noise ( drone ) is driving me insane.

Done all the usual checks : trapped air, kinks/obstructions in the pipework,
overloaded media, ill fitting baskets, faulty impeller/shaft, impeller housing.....you name it I've checked it, but I just can't get rid of the awful drone.

Anyone else experience this type of problem with these filters ?

If so........please do tell !

Cheers
Elaine
I have a 2080 (with inline heater :) ), when I first got it, it did make a slght humming/buzzing noise however its more or less silent now
KTBFFH