Can I feed Zebra this?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

YSL
Groupie

Can I feed Zebra this?

Post by YSL »

Dear All,

I have "Ocean Nutrition Marine Pellet Formula Two" on hand.
Just wander if it is OK to feed my zebra this food since it is Marine fish food.
The ingredients that shows on the food can as:

Formula Two is green and is for fish with lower protein needs.
SOFT and MOIST highly palatable pellets.
Contains GARLIC and SPIRUNLINA.
Super color enhancing qualities.
High levels of refined quality marine proteins.
Oxygen is removed with a nitrogen flush.
The foil pouch keeps oxygen out for maximum freshness.
Stays fresh three to four months after inner foil bag is opened.

Ingredients
  Shrimp, Euphasia pacifica plankton, sardine, wheat flour, squid, fish eggs, soya-lecithin, Spirulina, salmon oil, garlic, minerals (potassium iodide, iron oxide, manganese sulfate, magnesium oxide, zinc sulfate), MPAXTM (Marine Protein Amino eXtract: fish meals, hydrolysates, select amino acids (L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, L-Trytophan)), vitamins (ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), Vitamin B12, nicotinic acid, riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), Betaine, calcium propionate, potassium sorbate, ethoxyquin, carotenoid pigments (astaxanthin, canthaxantin), yeast (Beta-glucan).

Guaranteed Analysis
Protein (min.) 38.1%
Fat (min.) 9.7%
Fiber (max.) 2.8%
Moisture (max.) 14.5%
Ash (max.) 10.5%

Should I feed my zebras this food or just leave it to my saltwater fish? :?
Welcome to visit my L46 BLOG![url]http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/ysl-zebrapleco[/url]
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I tend to feed mine mostly the highest protein level foods I can. I do suppliment this with some amount of veggies such as the AquaDine wafer mixed meaty and veggie ones and once a week spirulina flake w/ garlic.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
bonsai
Obsessed!!

Post by bonsai »

Hi TT, first off I'm very pleased for you on the news :yahooscream: :thumbsup: but what's this about garlic on their food :weird: I alway thought it was meant for cooking with :?
These are beautiful little babes!
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

Hi YSL.

It is OK to feed them Ocean Nutrition Marine Formula 2. I have been feeding my zebras formula 1 and 2 small pellets for 3yrs now but I also feed them other sinking pellets and sticks.
YSL
Groupie

Post by YSL »

Thanks all for the opinions.
I feed my zebras with more than 7 brands of dry food.
Formula 2 is the extra one that I want to add into the menue.

Especially thanks to KenW; since you have already gave your zebras this food for more than 3 yrs. I am gonna to feed mine tonight. :)
Welcome to visit my L46 BLOG![url]http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/ysl-zebrapleco[/url]