L236

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

crystalview
Forum Follower

L236

Post by crystalview »

I have now joined the sad world of those who owned Zebra's (L46). I lost my two,
I started looking at the L236. They are bigger but it is hard to tell how big in girth and length it really is. I think they measure from the where the tail begin in the body to the tip of nose. These are much cheaper (even though I got my L46's as a gift). I just am not sure how they would get along with my 2 Albino BN's which are young. I have noticed a lot more waste with the BN's, nerites and one mystery snail. I am living with the must vac each week.
Does anyone have a L236 in a pic with something that I could compare it's girth and length. I would have to get this mail order since there aren't any near me. Also how shy are yours and what do they eat? Thanks
I also remember seeing someones post of different L # black and whites do you you know who or where? confused with the L66, L400
Planetcatfish said they are 4.7" Exotic said they are 3.5"
With the L46 I have heard to not feed black worms to them when young is this true with all the Hypancistrus or just the young zebra's? This guy has the L236 for $75 and he says they stay 3.5" so I would think the care and feeding would be similar to the L46 even though PC says they are bigger. He also say's they are not as small as his L46's. Who to believe.....
xclsior

Post by xclsior »

L236s are very hard to get. I've collected from four different sources at different times. None matches the picture on Planet Catfish. It's best to ask for a picture to see and compare the pattern.