wanting the very best for my zebras

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

siming1
Groupie

wanting the very best for my zebras

Post by siming1 »

ive been feeding my zebras on tetra prima frozen and different types of frozen foods ive been looking in to zm foods are these foods a good food for adults or just the fry can any one recommend some top nosh i can feed to them to keep them in there utter most happyness cheers folks siming1
siming1
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi siming1,

Tetra prima is a good food for zebras, frozen foods are also a good choice. The various foods by ZM Ltd are very good especially for raising fry because of their high protein content. I try to keep my zebs on a varied diet, I made the mistake early on of feeding only frozen foods. They got "hooked" on these and I had a real job to get them on dry foods.

I feed the following dry foods to my zebs: Tetra Prima, Tetramin, Tetra Pro colour, Hikari carnivore tabs, Hikari Algae wafers, JBL Novo plecochips, JMC high protein feed, JMC catfish pellets, ZM catfish tabs, ZM discus granules and Cyclopeeze. I have just started feeding a new flake food made by New Era Aquaculture, a UK based company. I also used to feed them earthworm flakes from the US, great for conditioning adults but feed sparingly as they are very fattening. It's been a while since I have fed this as it's hard to get hold of this stuff in the UK.

I feed the following frozen foods: Brine shrimp(adult/baby), krill, Mysis shrimp, gamma shrimp, frozen cockle and refridgerated decapsulated brine shrimp cysts. I don't feed blood worms to any of my fish anymore as they are low in nutritional value. I also lost most of a large shoal of cardinals a few years back and I put that down to the bloodworms I was feeding.

I have probably forgotten a few but those are the feeds I predominantly feed. The frozen feeds are only given once or twice a week and only to adult only/large juvenile tanks.

Regards.

Adam
siming1
Groupie

thanks

Post by siming1 »

thanks for your help adam i shall be looking in to it further i have been looking at zm foods especially now ive woke up this morning to find my alpha male bouncing his eggs two were sadly kicked out but im rearing them in a breeding tank lets hope this will be my second sucessfull spawn cheers again simon
siming1