Can You Help....

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
A1player
Forum Follower

Can You Help....

Post by A1player »

Hi
I have bought my first 3 L046's ,they are about 6 months old & just over an 1" and doing very well in a 40L tank with RO water and very good fileration & water flow & a very light dusting of silver sand on the floor
I have been now offered another 8 from the same person but they are not going to be ready for about another 4 months.
My question is what size tank would best suit all 11 Zebs ,will they grow well all together in a 40L tank ,& when they are old enough to breed will i need to move some into anther tank.I cant find any information on tank size and though my past fish keeping i understand some fish need room to breed while other like smaller tanks.If you can give any info to help please do as i wish to get it right & not take a chance.If all goes well you may well see me offering to exchange/sell some on here in a year or two to keep the blood lines good.
Thanks
Steve
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

40L is too small. You can use a 120L for the first year and a half, then move them to a bigger one.