ideal ratio breeding group

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

lawrie909
Forum Follower

ideal ratio breeding group

Post by lawrie909 »

what is the reccommended size for a breeding group .and male female ratio? also , is it true only onemale in the group will breed .... if so does he spawn with all the females . i believe i have 5 males and 4 females ...should i look spittling them up , adding more females or what.
thanks
John

Post by John »

If you are shure you've got both sexes present i wouldn't change anything in this group.
Let them settle for a while and don't move furniture around in the tank anymore, just wait what happens....
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

I have one group of 10, and in approximately 18 broods and 102 young only once have I had 2 males brooding at the same time.

This is in a 200 liter tank.

IMO if you are going for numbers split into two, if you want a community and interaction stick to one.

Also rearranging the tank in my experience does not prevent them from breeding.

I have done major cleans and nothing goes back the same and they have spawned within a week.

Hope this helps.

Take care

Dave