My waterparameters

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Edlund

My waterparameters

Post by Edlund »

Ph:7,8 Kh:2 Gh:3 Us:220 ppm:110 Is it good for breeding or do i have do something with it ?.I have a reverseosmose machine in backup :)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Edlund,

Your water parameters look good to me. Personally I don't pay too much attention to GH and KH until I'm looking to spawn the zebras. I use a conductivity meter to measure the "hardness" of my water. Around the 120 Microsiemens(uS) mark is where I have had the most success, this is without altering the PH. I keep the zebras in moderately hard water normally, around 400uS with a PH of 7.8.

Regards.

Adam
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I don't think they care too much what the PH is as long as it's stable. Mine is 6,5. On the other hand, my first spawn took place after a period of heavy rains, which resulted in a lowering of the PH in the tapwater. makes sense really, as I would think the same thing would happen after the rainy season in the wild?

Your parameters look fine, but you didn't include the temp?
Edlund

Post by Edlund »

temp is as normal 29 C