Is the hiatus over?

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
TwoTankAmin

Is the hiatus over?

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Well it looks like the six month hiatus in the breeding tank might be over. I just did a quick cave check. Three males were in caves, but in one there are two fish. Be still my beating heart :lol:
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Keep us updated! :tup:
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Drats- False alarm, the cave is now empty :cry:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

probably just a testrun ;) They'll be at it again soon I'm sure!
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Yep- they are trying to drive me crazy. Last night they were in the cave again and best I could tell are still there this morning.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

OK- I am not prepared to say with 100% certainty, but it sure looks like we have a spawn. Between the small cave and the big zebra acting protectively and what could be just silicone beads rather than eggs, I still think the odds ere pretty good. As soon as I can confirm things one way or the other, I will post it.
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

good for you. mine go in and out for 5 times already but nothing happen... :cry:
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Its 100%- the hiatus is over :wav:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Fantastic! :thumbsup: We have to get the database up and going soon!

Congrats :)
John

Post by John »

Congrats 2tank :wink:
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
sam
Obsessed!!

Post by sam »

:D great news :D
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Just a quick update. The fry wre all out of thecave about a week ago. I even spotted one at the opposite end of the tank under the edge of a river rock.

This morning's cave inspection revealed fatty in the prome cave with a lady trapped. He is so fat in that cave that i dont think a fry could slip out let alone a lady/ If past history is any guide, this should be #2 in a series of spawns. Last year they went continuously for about 8 months right up to Xmas week. Then they rested for the first 6 months of this year.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

False alarm :( the cave is empty and no eggs.
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

stop being greedy :) at least they have started again :)
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Excellent Heating Blog

Post by FrankJScott »

For the guy talking about cochran heating and cooling, 24 hour furnace repair near me, radiant heating and cooling, hvac repair, heating and cooling repair near me, geothermal heat pump installation, I highly suggest this top heating cleaning service site or andrews heating and cooling, furnace inspection, plumbing and heating engineer, american standard heating and air conditioning, commercial heating, affordable hvac repair near me, and don't forget this best plumbing cleaning service blog not to mention mini split maintenance, commercial heating and cooling, modern heating, heating cooling, electric furnace, hendrix heating and air, on top of this top boiler repair service link which is also great. Also have a look at this best AC repair service details as well as k & t heating, elite heating and cooling, heating and air conditioning service, heat care, new furnace installation, lloyd plumbing and heating, and don't forget this useful plumbing repair service forum and don't forget central heating engineers near me, heater repair near me, hvac contractors near me, oil boiler replacement, byrum heating and air, all seasons heating and air, not to mention useful AC installation service site which is also worth a look. I also recommend this awesome AC repair service details and don't forget warm air heating systems replacement, heat pump repairs, b and j plumbing, tjs plumbing, heating and cooling service near me, waggoners heat and air, and don't forget this high rated boiler installation service url alongside all furnace service, conejo valley heating and air, strittmatter plumbing, heating ductwork, goyette heating and cooling, same day heating and air, as well as useful plumbing repair service tips which is also great. Finally, have a look at this high rated boiler installation service url for good measure. Check more Awesome Heating Details 3aea32d