Feeding Fry

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

sam
Obsessed!!

Feeding Fry

Post by sam »

:) Any suggestions what to feed fry with. At the moment I'm feeding them ZM fry food and baby brine shrimp. I would like to give more of a variety
Thanks
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Sinking tablets are also a good supplement. Remember that even though they are not algae eaters, they need their greens when babies ;)
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

are tiny amounts of frozen cyclops & other meaty foods (not bloodworm) ok for babys? im just starting to feed my little one but he doesnt seem to touch zm foods, maybe im just being paranoid!!
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

As long as the food is small enough it's ok. I don't feed my shrimp mix when there's babies in the tank. Baby brine shrimp is good, as is cyclops, as well as sinking tablet.

i wouldn't worry about not seeing them feed. Keep an eye on their development, check if they have a round tummy. If they do they're feeding :)

Good luck!
sam
Obsessed!!

Post by sam »

:D dont worry mine dont touch zm food either :wink:
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

My fry simply go nuts for frozen cyclop-eeze. i also ffed forzen daphnia, AquaDine wafets, Hikari sinking wafers, earthworm sticks. flake and once a week spirulina with garlic flake.

Pretty much anything that is either tiny or else gets soft seems fine.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.