Exotic Finds...feedback

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Rozie26
Forum Follower

thanks

Post by Rozie26 »

thank you so much i was at the fish store today and he said not to feed brine shrimp as they are a salt water food and may have too much salt for their little kidney's to deal with so i am gong to try to find the foods you suggested. thanks. i also put in a little piece of zuccini but have not seen any evidence of him eating it. I'm so worried that he's NOT eating.

Rose
Rozie26
Forum Follower

oh forgot

Post by Rozie26 »

the lfs also said to chop up small peices of night crawler that they like that too. just wanted your thoughts.
Rozie26
Forum Follower

got one part of food

Post by Rozie26 »

ok i have the sinking carnivore pellets and i ordered the h2o discs
so i should be good to go. i have to have someone in and check on him while i'm on vacation cuz i'm worried he won't get any food. we are going to be gone for 5 days. any advice there would be good as well.

rose
Rozie26
Forum Follower

Post by Rozie26 »

Ok so last night i put a sinking carnivore pellet in for my zebra and i swear he didn't eat any of it cuz this morning there were those little snails on it. and he doesn't seem nearly as active as he was. and i can't see his belly but i just don't know if he's eating. i'll be happy to get that h2o food and see if that helps. i hope he doesn't die i will be sick 214 bucks down the drain.

rose
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Even though he didn't it all doesn't mean he didn't it any. It's very common to have this worry, but I think you'll find that he is indeed eating when you're not looking.

If he's out in the open, or hang on the glass all day, then it's time to worry, if he's hiding then chanses are he's just fine :)
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

I rarely see mine eat either and the food always seem to stay the same size left for the snails/shrimp to eat but I inspect the bellies and they are always nice and round after feeding!

I wouldn't worry about it much but like you I worried like crazy in the beginning!
[url]http://tropheusfanatics.invisionzone.com/[/url]
Rozie26
Forum Follower

Post by Rozie26 »

Ok good i'm glad i am not the only one who is worrying. he hides all day no hanging on the glad or roaming around during the day. and i do some some poop too which is good....but i can't see his belly. wish i could but he's too small to pick up. thanks everyone for easing my mind.

rose
SilverSurfer
Forum Follower

Post by SilverSurfer »

ApacheDan wrote:
eklikewhoa wrote:hope you saved some for me!!! :D
If you don't mind paying $250/fish :roll: go here:

https://www.darmalisdragonfish.com/
That's actually whom i bought my 12 from. Gave me a really good deal after all. was only $200/each 8)

There are many sellers in the chicago area asking, $150-175 for 1" :shock: so saw that as a good deal :)

Congrats on getting them in BTW! I've talked with Blue before, nice guy, has beautiful L316.
[img]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/SilverSurfer05/silversurfer.gif[/img]
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

Rozie26 wrote:Ok good i'm glad i am not the only one who is worrying. he hides all day no hanging on the glad or roaming around during the day. and i do some some poop too which is good....but i can't see his belly. wish i could but he's too small to pick up. thanks everyone for easing my mind.

rose
I can see my plecos if I look for them and I wouldn't suggest you picking up the zebra just to see, I imagine that would stress them out pretty badly.
[url]http://tropheusfanatics.invisionzone.com/[/url]
rich1988oxford
Obsessed!!

Post by rich1988oxford »

just make sure that what ever you are feedng them, that you offer a wide range of fresh, frozen and prepared foods. Variation is they key to a healthy zeb :D