Hi group!

Hmmm...what else can I say!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Hi group!

Post by McEve »

I'm an old married woman from Norway, teenage kids, cats and 5 tanks.

I got my first tank when I was about 11 years old, and started working in a petshop when I was 17. My future was staked out :) Life didn't want it that way, so I recently got back to the hobby after a 20 years pause.

Back when I started the only catfish that was available was Ancistrus sp. which was considered so ugly that nobody wanted it (I don't and didn't think it's ugly just to make that clear!), so you can imagine my amazement when I found the variety of beautiful catfish available today! Brown, black, yellow, stipes, dots and marble. Wow! Then I saw the first picture of a Zebra. That was it, my heart was stolen - I *had* to have that catfish!

So I started reading up on it, and soon learned the very sad future threatening this beautiful fish.... (Rob's site was one of the first I found) I there and then decided I was going to try to breed this fish. I haven't even bred guppies before, but why let details like that get in the way - this fish must not disappear! I wanted to contribute with my drop in the ocean :)

So here I am - hi group :)

Some of my catfish
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

hi glad you could oin us, i had been thinking of getting some zebras for a while and their curretn predicament spured me into action. :)
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

By the way I love your site, really nice pictures of som lovely catfish. :D
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Thank you Tristan! You compliment my catfish = you're my friend :D