Zebras for sale at wildwoods

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

I followed this thread with interest, and yet again the rules have been broken, personal attacks, but never mind.

The welfare of the fish, wasn't it Andrew who recently had a sick fish, but no tank to medicate it.

So introducing new fish to a system, well the basics are you quarantine them, or maybe disaster, especially after a fairly long journey, stress makes fish more likely to get disease.

Before criticising Wildwoods ( I am no great fan of Wildwoods ), perhaps an individual should get it right themselves ( Basic fish husbandry ) before ranting and raving against Pete, and ensure that they have the correct facilities to accomodate new fish before going on about getting one.

Dave
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Re: Hi

Post by andrewcoxon »

dave wrote:I followed this thread with interest, and yet again the rules have been broken, personal attacks, but never mind.

The welfare of the fish, wasn't it Andrew who recently had a sick fish, but no tank to medicate it.

So introducing new fish to a system, well the basics are you quarantine them, or maybe disaster, especially after a fairly long journey, stress makes fish more likely to get disease.

Before criticising Wildwoods ( I am no great fan of Wildwoods ), perhaps an individual should get it right themselves ( Basic fish husbandry ) before ranting and raving against Pete, and ensure that they have the correct facilities to accomodate new fish before going on about getting one.

Dave
Dave thats the most rediculous thing iv ever heard. ranting on about personal attacks as if you care and then proceding to totally contradict your self and personally attack me.... also please do not attempt to patronise me with your basic fish husbandry bullshit.... i overdosed a new water treatment i dont normally use but no harm done.... all the fish are fine and iv gone back to my normal treatment so please dont cast dispersions about how i look after my fish. for the past 2 months now every single post iv seen by you is abusing someone or something.... you sound like a grumpy old man.
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
Jojoyojimbi
Obsessed!!

Post by Jojoyojimbi »

Maybe he's a grumpy young man?
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

Hi Andrew,

I live vary close to Wildwoods and would go so far as to say: Don't bother! At those prices they can keep them. What to do? Be a little patient...

I can understand your frustrations. But if you have waited this long, why not wait to see what happens with the juveniles you have?

At the and of the day this all boils down to simple economics... 250+ pounds per fish and a minimum of 3 fish per transaction is a bit too much. I don't see many people stampeding for this offer. On the other hand you may have to finance them all yourself. Are you willing to scrimp every penny you have to achieve your goal?

I sincerely hope you resolve your issue. As Westwood would say "pimping ain't eeeasy."

Good luck

Bader.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

madmoroccan wrote:Hi Andrew,

I live vary close to Wildwoods and would go so far as to say: Don't bother! At those prices they can keep them. What to do? Be a little patient...

I can understand your frustrations. But if you have waited this long, why not wait to see what happens with the juveniles you have?

At the and of the day this all boils down to simple economics... 250+ pounds per fish and a minimum of 3 fish per transaction is a bit too much. I don't see many people stampeding for this offer. On the other hand you may have to finance them all yourself. Are you willing to scrimp every penny you have to achieve your goal?

I sincerely hope you resolve your issue. As Westwood would say "pimping ain't eeeasy."

Good luck

Bader.
cheers mate :)
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

No problem mate. I hope that my input was useful to you.

How old are the juveniles you have?

I used to be a student myself and know that feeling of helplessness! :lol:

Also does anyone have photos of the fish in question (Wildwoods)?
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

my young ones are 2 years old in april 07.

My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

Time is all we have... before we get much older. :lol:

Honestly though, you're better off waiting til either a better offer comes along or simply til your young ones get old enough to breed (assuming you have a female in the making).

Again good luck, and I'm sure if someone is interested in a joint purchase you will know sooner rather than later. :D