Zebras for sale at wildwoods

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Zebras for sale at wildwoods

Post by andrewcoxon »

alright guys,

just been on the phone to wildwoods and they have a group of 9 wild caught adult fish in, containing 3 females. however, the catch is they only willing to sell them in groups of 3 or more and i cannot afford 3! they are £265 each.... anyway my question is if anyone on here wants to split the cost with me so we can buy 3, ideally i can only really afford 1 but if someone else wants 1 i might be able to stretch to buying 2.

worth a thought?

pm me if anyones interested.

kind regards,

andy
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

I checked those little fellas out on Monday afternoon when I was there. I was pleased to see they only only selling them in groups of 3 or 5 etc to help induce breeders to buy them.
Although I did ask the shop assistant to go find out how they knew they were wild caught. He claimed they came from someone in the UK who bought them as wild caught before the ban came into place.

Anyway, they are all of a good size and look pretty healthy to me.
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

Plastic Mac wrote:I checked those little fellas out on Monday afternoon when I was there. I was pleased to see they only only selling them in groups of 3 or 5 etc to help induce breeders to buy them.
Although I did ask the shop assistant to go find out how they knew they were wild caught. He claimed they came from someone in the UK who bought them as wild caught before the ban came into place.

Anyway, they are all of a good size and look pretty healthy to me.
cool, from the photo's iv seen of them they looked in superb condition.

hopefully i can find someone to split them with.

thanks for letting me know plastic mac! you not tempted by them?
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Lol...errr not at that price.

Considering they are only being sold to people wanting to breed them, have you tried explaining your situation to them? They might be more willing to let you buy just one...
John

Post by John »

Wow incredible, you must be really desperate for a female at that price!
(bought 2 wc females 7cm. last week in germany for GBP 237,50)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

yeah because i cant find any anywhere.... iv been looking for 6 months + now. wish i could find some for that price.... is there any left??

i asked if they would sell me 1 or even 2 females and explained i was trying to breed them and already have a group of 3 adult males and 2 jouvies and he went to ask the boss who said no.... which is totally rediculous i think....!
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

if they sold you all the females then they would be stuck with all the males.
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

yes but if they sold me 1 they wouldnt. anyway even if they sell them in groups there's no guarentee of them breeding.... some rich pleb will probably just buy them all without any clue on how to look after them coz he heard they'r valuable..... :x
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
Pete
Obsessed!!

Post by Pete »

If they sold you one female..
And then sold someone else one female..
They'd soon be outta femmes.

Selling them in groups is better for the fish because it gives a chance there'll be someone that'll breed 'em. Selling them in singles is not good for the fish, it just happens to fill your personal requirement and to heck with everyone else, fish included.

Buy a group on a credit card, keep the female and sell the males. Pay off the card.
It's not an illusion, it just looks like one.
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

im sorry pete but thats bullshit....

iv got a group of males so what difference does it make if the zebra i buy is going into a breeding group, its just as likley to spawn as it would be if left in the group... and that leaves them with 2 groups of 3 males and 1 female. they probably wouldnt be for sale if they we're breeding in their current group......
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
Pete
Obsessed!!

Post by Pete »

Funny.

You're saying "hey, does anyone want to buy (one or) two very highly priced male zebras (which clearly you can get elsewhere cheaper) so that I can buy one female fish".

And you think I'm the one spouting bullshit?
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

who mentioned male zebras? they said they would sell me all 3 female fish, i just cant afford them all. which is why i cant believe they wont sell one female when they perfectly willing to sell all 3 to the same person.

anyway i know you americans like to start fights, so can i ask you kindley to piss off with you sarcastic posts.... my mother used to say "if you'v got nothing usefull to say dont say anything at all".....
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
Pete
Obsessed!!

Post by Pete »

I'm English, thanks.

And clearly I missed the point (which wasn't made) that they're willing to sell all three females in a group so I'll apologise for that mistake.

In which case, seriously, why not buy all three females and sell one. Heck, buy all three and sell a female with a couple of your (I'm assuming 5?) males and you'd end up with a couple of nearly free females plus give someone else a chance to breed zebras too.
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

pete,

id love to but i cannot afford them all. we're talking neck end of £800 & iv just finished uni and im trying to make it as a photographer, i am applying for a credit card tho but not sure how much il be allowed.... :?
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

What about trading some of your males for a female... ie, do an exchange with the shop or something. Is that a possibility?