Very Exciting Indeed.... But Help Needed!

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
Shimmy
Groupie

Post by Shimmy »

Just following on from the shinning torch into cave and the results we get from doing this.

The last spawn I had I let the male deal with it until eviction day or the day the fry got bold and decided to venture out.

However at the weekend I removed this present spawns eggs, nine in total, first for me usually only get max of 6.

Put them in my small breeding trap floating in the same tank. One thing different than any other time is my condensation tray has been removed therefor direct light going into the tank for 10 hours a day.

Three eggs hatched prematurely and then this morning a four.

I am no boilogist but I beleive light damages the eggs.

The only other time I have experienced this was when I had one of my first spawns and could not wait to find out how many eggs so slowly let the male out and brough the cave nesar the surface and used a torch to count. 6 eggs in total and I must have had the torch on for 5 mins max. Only ever got one fry from that spawn.

Oh and this may be on another thread but I think I have stumbled upon the reason for ghoust shells too.
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

Ghost shells I believe to be unfertilised eggs.

The biggest brood I have had is 22, and these were removed from the parents at the egg stage.

As for lighting an interesting point, I have no tank lighting for Zebras, just daylight and room lighting if I want to view them at night.

I am sticking to facts, and also appreciate the fact that the site is going along this line, don't comment on things until you have done it, rather than reiterate what other people have written.

Perhaps the same policy should apply to selling this fish.

Just an afterthought.

Dave
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Useful Digital Microsope Info

Post by FrankJScott »

In response to the guy asking about um08 microscope, leuchtturm digital microscope, digital travelling microscope, wifi microscope, plugable usb camera, olympus stereo microscope with digital camera, I highly recommend this best digital microscope item or olympus digital microscope price, dnt usb microscope, digital inspection microscope, dm4 microscope, hayear 34mp microscope camera, carson zpix digital microscope, alongside all this top rated digital microscope info on top of usb microscope amazon, jiusion digital microscope amazon, mini digital microscope, celestron 5 mp handheld digital microscope, usb microscope best buy, andonstar ad 409, alongside all this recommended digital microscope product which is also great. Also have a look at this updated digital microscope model on top of celestron infiniview microscope, chromebook usb microscope, 1600x zoom 8 led usb digital microscope, digital microscope 1600, andonstar ad1605, aven microscope, as well as this useful digital microscope model alongside all celestron imager, mustool g1200 digital microscope, celestron tetraview microscope, best digital microscope, microscop cu camera digitala, 500x zoom camera phone, as well as updated digital microscope make which is also worth a look. I also recommend this high rated digital microscope make as well as usb digital microscope 500x, celestron mini handheld digital microscope, camera with 1000x zoom, 5mp usb microscope camera, digital hdmi microscope, keyence digital microscope, as well as this high rated digital microscope product alongside all microscope with tv output, computer microscope camera, microscope 800x, c mount digital camera, portable stand alone lcd digital microscope, hdmi digital microscope, on top of top rated digital microscope productnot to mention rotek wifi digital microscope, microscope digital ways trinocular, mustool g1200 digital microscope 12mp 7 inch large color screen, dino lite microscope price, ash digital microscope, proscope 5mp microscope camera, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this recommended digital microscope deal for good measure. Check more Top Accordion Details 3aea32d