Skinny teenager

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Pete wrote:Worst case, mail 'em here and I'll fix 'em and return 'em :D
Yeah... thanks
Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Post by Raul-7 »

Don't feel down McEve. There is a solution. Seachem sells Metronidazole, I'm not sure how popular Seachem is in Europe but I'm sure there are online stores that will probably carry it.

They recommend mixing 1 part (it comes with a small spoon) to 1 part Seachem Focus (Focus helps bind the antibiotic to the food without it dissolving into the water) to 1 tablespoon frozen food. As Barbie stated you need then dip this into garlic extract (also made by Seachem called GarlicGaurd) to entice the L46 to want to actually eat the food. Do this daily for 1-2 weeks to ensure every fish is dewormed.

Now to locate a local or online retailer. If you can't find them there I'm sure someone in the US can send them to you via airmail.

Or contact Seachem directly. www.seachem.com

HTH and Good luck.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Thanks Raul,

I should feel a bit more optimistic, just going trough a rough spot these days. Thanks for your encouragement

Anyways, I searched every shop on http://www.seachem.com/purchasing/inter ... ngdom.html

but ut doesn't seem like we get parasites in Europe!
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

McEve, so sorry to hear of your problems, I can't offer advice but I send my best wishes to you and your fish and hope that you manage to get things resolved swiftly!
Pete
Obsessed!!

Post by Pete »

Any update? Did you find meds? Or..?
It's not an illusion, it just looks like one.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Apparently it was an internal bacterial infection. I spoke with a vet that specialize in fish, and that was his opinion. So - I'm currently medicating with eSHa 2000 and crossing my fingers.