My new zebras

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

My new zebras

Post by n00dl3 »

At last I finally got 5 zebs to kick start my zebs colony. They are all juveniles about 6 months old. I have one that is 8 months old. Here are some pictures of them.

my oldest and biggest zeb at 8 months

the group!

I can't seem to get a good picture of them cuz my digital camera sux. I can't take picture of them in their tank cuz they all hide from me. I tried but it came out blurry. Maybe later i'll try to take a picture of them in their tank. Hope ya'all enjoy it.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Congrats n00dl3, they look fine ;)
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

They look great n00dl3 :)

Cameras can be tricky to learn. The pics you have are very clear to me!

- Angela
zebrastorey
Obsessed!!

Post by zebrastorey »

good pics
is one of them snub nosed though
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

thank ya'all....

Angela, i have to agree that cameras are very tricky to learn to use it right and effectively. Also, nicer cameras would help too. :D
zebrastorey wrote: is one of them snub nosed though
Wow, you have very good eyes! Yes, One is a snub nose. He looks healthy also. so, I am not too concern at the moment.
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Hey they look great, very nice looking zebs! :D Congratulations on the new arrivals.

Dukerider
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

I agree with zebra story, is one snubnose

Dave
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Update

Post by n00dl3 »

Update:

After one week in their new home, they seem to be doing well. I never really see them because I they are alwayz in the back of the cave. Well, in the day time when I have the light on, I would never seem them. But I night when the light are off, they do come out because the food I left out for them are gone. Once a day at night I would use a red lense flashlight to check on them. I usually feed them twice a day with Hikari carnivore pellets, baby brine shrimp, and diaphara (not sure the spelling)

This is their own tank. it's a 30 gallon tank with 18+ turnover and 2 diffuser to give the tank plenty of oxygen.

That is my juvenile group. I took this when i first turn on the light. They are still out of the cave and not in hiding. Four of them usually stay on top of left cave and the oldest is usually in the cave. During the day (light on) all 5 of them go into the cave with the oldest.

Oh yea, all my feeding is on the left side where the food form a pool. If you look carefully, you can see a pool of food there.

Any suggestion of how can I improve my tank to make the zebras feel more safer, so they will feel more confident and bold to venture out more often.
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

Looks really nice and how sweet are they? 8)
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

discusbabe wrote:L how sweet are they? 8)
Just like sugar.....
nesolb
Obsessed!!

Post by nesolb »

Congrats on your purchase n00dl3, they look great. :)

Getting pics of them in the tank is very tricky but if you're prepared to wait a little you can catch them eating in the open, once they're that adventurous!!