Not so wild Zebras

Whats happening in the wild, current issues and debates....oooh this one'll get hot!

blueblue
Obsessed!!

Post by blueblue »

discusbabe wrote:Thanks Madmoroccan I will keep the forum up to date! :lol: Hopefully they will be the real deal but if not then, well there we go! :P
Looking forward to your update :)
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

Just a quick update...

The seller of those cheap zebras has now "sold out".

I expect these fish to turn up with "normal" prices from different sources over the coming months. I sincerely hope that these fish weren't messed about with any way (hormones).

Bader
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Just noticed that the seller is now "no longer a registered user" with ebay. I have also gone to his domain as given previously and guess what? No longer exists :?
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Oh well, looks like he made his money and ran... :?
Adam

Post by Adam »

I knew I recognised that picture on the ebay auction from somewhere. Those zebras now live with me and have been for months now.

Here's a link to their former owners web site, second picture from the bottom of the page.

http://www.hurstpointyachts.co.uk/zebra_1.htm

Draw your own conclusions.

Adam
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

Yeah it would appear this was a scam along! Thank goodness I didn't send any money! I feel sorry for those that may have been scammed as I'm sure there will be some who fell for it! At the end of the day it does appear that they were too good to be true!

I've not heard from the seller since Thursday morning when he agreed to send the fish and receive payment after I received them and was happy with them!

Ah well!
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

Well a quick update, I have heard from the seller this morning and he has confirmed I will be getting the zebras on Friday! Apparently he has stopped trading on the fish side of things due to getting a few people's backs up due to his prices! He will be sticking to dealing with ponds instead!

So we shall await Friday morning now!
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

Well surprise, surprise I haven't received any Zebra Plecs this morning despite being told they would arrive today! Conman! LMAO! Not surprised but very disappointed obviously. Two of the guys email addresses bounce back emails and I've not had a response from the other email address I have for him.

Good luck to anybody else who is in contact with him! I'm back to biding my time for the real thing! :P
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

Would be in your best interest to ask for a tracking number next time you contact him.

Just another assurance that you're not being scammed.
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

There won't be a next time LOL! He was sending them Royal Mail Next Day so I don't think there would have been a tracking number anyway. He doesn't reply to his emails so I doubt it very much if there will be any further communication! :lol:
blueblue
Obsessed!!

Post by blueblue »

discusbabe wrote:There won't be a next time LOL! He was sending them Royal Mail Next Day so I don't think there would have been a tracking number anyway. He doesn't reply to his emails so I doubt it very much if there will be any further communication! :lol:
So... it is a trap?...
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

Can't say whether it is a trap or not, I didn't send any money so he didn't have anything to gain from me personally, whether that's the case with the others that won his auctions I don't know! I sincerely hope people haven't been ripped off by him but we may never know!
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

Post like these make me wonder if there should be an article made to 'warn' people about scams. Something like "the most important questions to ask when purchasing a zebra" or "hobbist's guide to purchasing zebras online". Something to give education to those who may get ripped off or to help future zebra owners.

But then again, sometimes you can't help everyone and hope the best turns out of every situation.

Just a thought.
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

I know what you mean but I think a warning about not buying zebra plecs from somebody unless you know for dam sure they have them is a good tip! LMAO! Oh and the other thing already mentioned on this thread so many times: if it sounds too good to be true it probably is!

Saying that though anybody buying anything online should use these as a guide anyway! Especially products with a high value and cost!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

NetsuaiAngel wrote:Post like these make me wonder if there should be an article made to 'warn' people about scams.
Go for it! I think there'll be be a competition over the best article soon (but shhhh.. you didn't hear it from me, it's a secret ;)) so go ahead and write an article about it! Remember, this site is what we all make it ;)