Hi, from Ohio US

Hmmm...what else can I say!
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Hi, from Ohio US

Post by n00dl3 »

Hi everyone,

This is my first post for the forum. I just want to take this opportunity to say hi to everyone. Currently I don't have any zebra plecos but planning on getting 5 zebras to start a breeding colony. I have roughly 6 years experience in the world of freshwater aquarium.

My current project is starting a breeding colony for albino longfin bristlenose plecos.

I am a big fan of arowana too. I would love to have one asian arowana but the price is way out of my range in the US. But I do have a pearl arowana.

Once again, Hi everyone
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

Welcome to the forums n00dl3.

Good luck on your first breeding colony and the arowanas!

My brother had an arowana... grew huge! Had it in it's own 100g tank and that tank was still too small for the poor fellow! He loved to jump too! So keep the tank closed when they get bigger... just an fyi! ;)
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

Thanks NetsuaiAngel,

100 g tank for a large arowana is way too small. He should be in a 150 gallon tank. The lil guy prolly is jumpy because he is prolly place in a heavy traffic area and he is not used to. I haven't witness my arowana jump yet but I alwayz have a heavy cover just in case.
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

I agree 100g was too small.. but he was the only fish in the tank and he was about 2ft in length (I think..was young back then). No clue why he was a jumper though...was always told that's how they were in the wild.