2nd Spawn

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
TwoTankAmin

2nd Spawn

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Considering I have only had my colony for about a month I am amazed and happy to report in addition to having fry in one cave which the dad is about ready to let out, I have wigglers on eggs in a second cave.

I wish these guys were not so good at protecting as it makes it almost imossible to see what is going on. It looks as though the second spawn is much larger than the first.

As far as I can tell and from what Barbie has taught me, the change in water params from their previous tank and mine is probably what has triggered them to spawn.

The most interesting thing is that both spawns took place in homemade caves conctructed from slate. I do see other zebras in other caves- mostly the clay pottery ones, but they seem to prefer the slate ones to spawn in. I am planning on trying to make some more of these. Does anybody have any thoughts as to why this preference? Is it the color gray? Is it the texture of the slate? Is it because the two slate caves are rectangular? I am baffled as to why.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.