Hi from France

Hmmm...what else can I say!
virgolambre

Hi from France

Post by virgolambre »

Hello,

Congratulation for this forum !

I'm Virginie, alias Virgolambre, and I live in France (Grenoble near to Lyon). My english isn't perfect (and "scholastic" :roll: ), so I hope you aren't too strict :wink: .

I've got 9 L46, 1 adult (I thought first it was a female, but I think now it's a male..., in a 92 gallions tank with a paire of wild discus) and 8 youngs (from 3 to 4,5 cm => 1,6 inches ?)? I had last two years 4 adults, but 3 died in three months without I find why. So I found four months ago a new but young group to start again. The 8 youngs (tank-bred from different origines) are in a little tank, waiting for growing, with cherry shrimps.

I've other pleco (ancistrus, peckoltias and maybe panaque maccus, and a new arrival not identified yet), in my 130 gallion tank, mostly dedicated to discus.

I see "project" on the website, and I'm interested to know more about this, because an association whiwch I belong has a project to breed zebras and more (re-introduce in natural area ?) if we find partners.
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Hi Virginie,

Welcome to the forums :D ...and good to have someone from France, I don't think we have too many french members, if any at all.

Sorry to hear about your 3 adults dying for no reason. Hopefully it won't happen again. Sounds like you have anice selection of fish though. :D

As for the project, I'm not too sure...I think it would need Rob to answer that one as he's the Site Admin and the 'keeper of all knowledge' on this site.

Anwway, welcome to the forums and hopefully you'll find lots of useful information here.

regards,
Plastic Mac

P.S. Your English seems fine from here :D
JazzyKnots

re-populating Zebs in the wild

Post by JazzyKnots »

I'd love to hear more about the project to re-populate wild zebs. So often in our world, native species vanish. Best wishes!
virgolambre

Post by virgolambre »

Good morning !

ADP (Association Discus Passion) hope to succeed in re-populating HZ, but we need partners. I know that some wild discus lovers wish to found a "reserve" (I don't have the english word), perhaps zebras could live in it...

I've got news : my new L is an L-48, scobinancistrus pariolispos. I bought it as an ancistrus (though I knew it wasn't) :wink: .
I hope I find some to complete, this fish lives in groups (but my tank for it is only a 92 gallions...)
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Good afternoon virgolambre :lol:

Glad you found the site and sounds like you already have a good group of zebras there.

The Project is unfortunately something I must keep under my hat at present, but I am curious to hear more about the ADP.

Drop me a PM, sounds like we could do with a chat!!! :lol: :lol:

Have fun!

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Briesje
Groupie

Post by Briesje »

hi neighbour

have a nice stay inhere... nice to see some people who live closeby
Keep on smiling... you never know who'll fall in love with your smile...