Finally Another Spawn

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
fishboy20
Groupie

Finally Another Spawn

Post by fishboy20 »

I remember when I first came to this site 3 or 4 years ago, man has it grown with the interest these guys have had as of late. Some of you may remember when I moved and lost my whole colony of breeding zebra plecos to a heater malfunction. I still saved 20 of the babies and they are still growing (2in.+ now).

Before the ban I did purchased two random zebras just to have the wild blood to breed back to the F-1 fry from the lost colony. As it turns out, luck was on my side, they are a pair. I got a few spawns late 2004 and early 2005, they haven't spawned since. But now with February here, they decided to spawn again. Not sure how many eggs there are but I believe they are fertile since they have been successful before and the eggs are 4 days old now.

Since the spawn, it gave me the urge to try and get some other species to spawn. I built my first cave from slate tonight and it turned out great. For $10 and a little bit of super glue, I will be able to build around 3 three-compartment caves. Hopefully I can keep the zebs going along with the other species I have. I will fill out the spawning report once the fry emerge :~)

Congrats on everyone's recent spawns as well. I recognize some old names that are finally getting some zebs going, good going guys!

~Jeremy Basch
Columbus, OH USA