Eggs :)

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
Artic circle
Groupie

Eggs :)

Post by Artic circle »

I have waited half year that my zebs will breed again, and they did it yesterday :) It was my biggest male and biggest female, female was suprise becouse i have thought that it is a male.

I can't count every egg becouse they are in the clump, but i can count 20 eggs so i think that there is 22-25 eggs :shock:

There was one big problem, one female was decided that she want to breed also, i have to take eggs safe becouse i think that the male will eat them and breed again with the another female :cry:

And again, sorry my bad English hope that you understand :D
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Whe-hey Arctic thats brilliant.

Zebra spawnings are like busses, you wait for ever then they all arrive at once. Mind you, the zebra spanws are probably more reliable!!!

What you have now is a Spawning colony. It is possible for the male to tend 2 spawns at once without eating the first batch.

DId you already take the eggs out?

If so this may put the new female off spawning fro a day or so, but then she shoudl be just fine.

excellent news!!!! (don't forget to fill in the span register!!!)

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
alga
Groupie

Post by alga »

Arctic-

They should be fine if you did not already remove them, and even if you did they'll probably be fine. I had a male tending to 3 spawns at once. Close together spawns should be easier for him than ones that are spaced apart. Good luck and keep us posted :D
Artic circle
Groupie

Post by Artic circle »

Hi Rob and Alga!

Yes i take all eggs out, becouse i was affreid that he will eat eggs and spawn again with the another female. But now i know that it is possible to tend more than one spawn.

I have two tanks where zebras live.

-1. tank: one male, three females and 4 eight months old babys.
-2. tank: two males, 4 females and 3 six months old babys.

I have raised articially these older babys, they survived very well but i made one big misstake, there was driftwood which has many tiny holes and three fry died becouse their yolk sack "explosed"
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

GREAT JOB! :D
What tank did you have the current spawn in?
And did you notice something different that you might have done to make them stop? And vise versa, did you do something different to get them to spawn again?
Artic circle
Groupie

Post by Artic circle »

jerms55555 wrote:GREAT JOB! :D
What tank did you have the current spawn in?
And did you notice something different that you might have done to make them stop? And vise versa, did you do something different to get them to spawn again?
They was in the tank 1. it is 112 liters, i have changed setup after the last spawning and i think that they need to settle up.

There was rainy season in the aquarium about one month ago, after that i have changed normal tap water once a week. Eggs seems to been fine and fertilized, i will take pictures when eggs are hatched :)