Pink growth!!

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

Conrad9595

Pink growth!!

Post by Conrad9595 »

Hello guys and gals really need some urgent advice and help, my zebra pleco has starting to produce this pink growth on the right side of the face. Now I done the obvious checked water quality which is fine and that has been tripled checked!! There five zebras in this tank and only this one has the growth. There no other fish in this tank and despite the growth he or she is acting completely normal with big appetite and behaving completely normal.
Would really appreciate the advice from me some more experienced keepers!! Posted pictures for your viewing thank you :cry: :(
Attachments
Picture 1
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 2
TwoTankAmin

Re: Pink growth!!

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Maybe a bit of fighting. This can jappen when they are in breeding mode or competing for a cave.

Keep an eye on it and hopefully it should go away. if not take more pics and post again.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Conrad9595

Post by Conrad9595 »

Thank you for replying!! Think you were right about the fighting, I decided to have a shift around with the tank setup and that seemed to calm things down and the pink blemish has gone so I’m over the moon :lol: :)
Conrad9595

Post by Conrad9595 »

Bad news woke up this morning with his growth being very bad, is this just caused by fighting or is this a fungal growth?? Checked water parameters and they are spot on, they have been fighting recently due to getting larger and becoming that age, but I’m just not sure if that the reason anymore, any advice would be appreciated!!
Attachments
Pic1
Pic1
Pic2
Pic2