Neon Tetra disease.

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Tristan,
Yes , they are pretty good on prices. I have bought my RO unit , various floor standing sponge filters etc from them. Give them my regards when you see them.
Des.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Before the outbreak of NTD.

After the outbreak of NTD.

Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

WOW! :shock:

Looks good mate.

I take it the rest seem to be doing ok now.

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Adam

Post by Adam »

Rob,

They are doing well now and appear to be well over the NTD. As you can see from the two pictutres the shoal has been halved by the disease. One good thing that has come of it is that the remaining fish are putting on weight quickly, less competion for food I guess.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Nice Ad

Those fish look great mate, i have around 50 in my tank too and they look beutiful when they all swim in motion yours must look brilliant.
looks like you have one off those nice looking silver aluminuim tanks too, are they expensive and do you know if they have a website or were and how much you can buy them from?
What colour tubes are you using looks like a blue actinic and a redy one from the picture?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Cheers Dan,

It is quite a spectacle when the cardinals are in full shoal especially at feeding times. They get into quite a frenzy when I feed frozen food cubes.

The tank is a 52" effects, the frame and hood is made of alluminium. I got it about 3 years ago, the LFS had one left and wanted to get shot of it. As usual I haggled and got it for £500 in the end, the new models retail for about £1000 now. I was looking at getting another one recently until I found out the price, the new models are also available in a black frame and hood finish. The range also includes these fantastic hoods with the lights in them that can be suspended from the ceiling, they are very pricey though.

You guessed right, the lighting is provided by a blue acitinic and red spectrum based light. Best combo for showing off the colours of the cardinals.

I shall post again when I find out some more info on the tank.