My hoping

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

Dana
Groupie

My hoping

Post by Dana »

Hello !

As you know I will try to breed zebra (L 046) but I tru to breed peckoltia sp (L134) too :D

I have project is to make a specific tank for this fish (L 134) : 1,20 mètre X 60 cm (broad) X 50 cm high .

But I wonder if I put them in a specific tank or if i put them in my futur great tank (1000 liter ) with altum and other fishes ...

If someone here have succeed in breeding L 134 ?
What do you think ?
Dana
Groupie

Post by Dana »

But I have bred (breeding) scalar , ancistrus, corydoras aeneus, ...

At a moment, I will try to breed labyrinthidae like colisa, betta splendens, colisa chuna or colisa lalia but I haven't time enough ...
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Dana,

Whilst I have not actually spawned L134 they are cave spawners just like L46 and other hypancistrus and respond to the same spawning triggers. I would be inclined to say that you are more likely to suceed in a species only tank. I doubt that tank size is likely to be a governing factor so long as the tank is not too small. A three foot tank would be the minimum size but that would be dependant on how large the colony is. I'm an advocate of keeping fish in large tanks due to the more stable water parameters that a larger body of water provides. However in this instance I think it may prove to be too much work when it comes to simulating rainy seasons in a 1000ltr tank. You would be changing a lot of water in a tank that size in order to drop the temperature by a significant amount.

Just my thoughts on the subject. Congrats on your spawning success to date and good luck with the future projects. :wink:

Adam
Dana
Groupie

Post by Dana »

thanks ...

I have watching my groep ... I have 5 males and only one female :( :( :( :( ... it will be hard .... I'm looking after female ; I want too make change ....