New Fish L345

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

New Fish L345

Post by jerms55555 »

Has anyone seen any of these? I am getting 5 of them tomorrow....I havent really seen any pics on them and this is the pic the importer sent to me.
OK now the fish up front looks like a L236 and the one right behind him looks like a L173.....What do you guys think?

Here is a L236 from DAT
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Jerms,

I got a few of what appears to be the same fish recently, their patterns are extremely variable. Patterns vary from spots to squiggles to almost vertical bars. I'm not sure whether they are L287 or L345 but I would say they are not L236. I'll post some pictures of them when I get around to taking some. They were listed and imported as L173(zebra variant) which they clearly are not and were apparently collected from the lower Xingu. :?

Adam
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Jerms,

I hope you don't mind but I thought I would move this thread to this section of the forum as I have just added quite a few pictures. :wink:

Here are some pictures of the plecs I recently got. After a bit of searching on this forum and else where I'm pretty sure that the fish I have and the ones you are looking at getting are Hypancistrus sp "Belo Monte", L287.

Regards.

Adam
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Adam, Jerms, aren't these the L174s? Check out www.plecofanatics/gallery/photogallery and www.planetcatfish.com :D
du ma
Obsessed!!

Post by du ma »

Where are you getting them from jerms? Doc at Tarzana?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Caesars,
Caesars wrote:Adam, Jerms, aren't these the L174s? Check out www.plecofanatics/gallery/photogallery and www.planetcatfish.com :D
There are some similarities to L174 but the pattern variation that these fish have makes it doubtful that they are. I have only ever seen L174 with spots and some with the odd joined up spot but never with this amount of pattern variation. L174 also appears to be more "squat" in body shape, finnage is also different.

Adam
Last edited by Adam on Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Hi Adam
I got four of these beauties but they are mixed, some have lines some dots and I think two are mixed properly with lines and dots :lol: I always thought they were the L174 ... oh well!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi caesars,

From your description they sound very similar to my lot. I'm still not entirely sure what they are but compairing pictures on the net makes me think they are a good candidate for L287. I'm afraid that plec identification is not an exact science, oh well at least I know what L46 looks like. :lol:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Caesars, I would be interested in seeing some pictures if you have any.

Thanks.

Adam
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Du ma I got these from Athonys tropical fish!.....He gets some good plecos! Who is that other guy from Tarzana? does he have a website?

Caesars, I dont think mine look anyhing like a L174.......And It looks like adams look like a L287 belo monte....I have some of these two but the new ones I got have the stripes all connected and they do not have any dots what so ever! I have to take some better shots!
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

I have 10 of these fish. Originally purchased as L173, but I did know they weren't zebras before they came. I just thought they were intersting looking Hypancistrus. Some are VERY vividly colored, some striped, some spotted, all similar shaped. You can look through the pics I took of them in the two albums here.

No spawns to date though ;).

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
INXS
Obsessed!!

Post by INXS »

I think that numbers 3,5 and 6 are L-174s, that is what I have and they look identical.

However there are two rather different types that came from the same batches - one like the ones above and another which has more black almost like Jaguar (the cat) shaped spots and these fish stay really small, barley over 2" and I have had them over 2 years - bought as adults.
du ma
Obsessed!!

Post by du ma »

doc is Ffn fron aquabid. I am pretty sure you bought from him before. How much did you get those for from Anthony?
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

LOL...yeah I know him I bought a couple of L236's from him!!! Cool guy! I bought this newL345 for about $70....
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Adam wrote:Caesars, I would be interested in seeing some pictures if you have any.

Thanks.

Adam
I haven't got any but I can get some. They are a bit shy other than one, but I will try lure them out with munchies ... :lol: Watch this space!