Tank Size

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

nzac

Tank Size

Post by nzac »

I have searched through this forum and just can't quite come up with a god answer so here goes...

My plan originally was 6-7 in a 20 long but circumstances made that 11...
I have 5 zebras in a 20 long growing, just picked up another 6 which are currently in quarrantine tanks. What would be a suitable size tank for 11 of these guys once adults? I was thinking maybe a 33 long, 30 breeder, or 40 breeder (cheaper than 30 breeder). Is there a need to go larger?
Kind of limited on space these days (31 tanks running) but will make whatever room I need to for them.
I have several scaley and a few not so scaley creatures living in glass houses in the other room
TwoTankAmin

Re: Tank Size

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Main breeder tanks was a 30B for years (10-13 breeders). Some losses of adults over the years. I have 16 F1s and 2 wc in a 75 gal. I have a 10 and 20L for growout but am upgrading one to a 33 long. I find the key is to provide tons, and I do mean tons, of cover.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
nzac

Post by nzac »

thanks, broke down yesterday and got a 30 breeder for the 11 of them. I have roughly 24 caves a couple pieces of driftwood and some slate to stick in there. If i need to down the road I will make room in a 75 for them or possibly split them if needed since they are all pretty young now. 3 are roughly 1.5 years old others are closer to 6-9 months.
I have several scaley and a few not so scaley creatures living in glass houses in the other room
Jaycrict

Tank Size

Post by Jaycrict »

I have a group of 4 L201s and a group of 6 L066s. The L066s are only 2. I have all 10 in a 65 long but I want to seperate them. I was thinking of getting either 20 long or 23 long tanks for species only tanks. I havent found much in the way of minimum tanks size for either pleco. I read in another thread on this site that some of you use bigger tanks 30-40 gallon tanks.
My question for you experts is what size would you use for these 2 groups?
Dalton Bourne

Post by Dalton Bourne »

There are various fish tank sizes available but highly recommended for newbies are 5 gallons, 10 gallons, and 20 gallons fish tank. When comparing 5 gallons vs 10 gallons vs 20-gallon fish tank, it all comes down to what fits your requirements and needs as an aquarist. If you are new, then it is better to settle first with the smallest size. For experienced people, the bigger size works for them perfectly.