Trapping!!

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
wu19
Groupie

Trapping!!

Post by wu19 »

I checked the cave that my alpha male resides in yesterday and he had zebra trapped in there!! :aw: They were in there for hours. I checked twice, hope I didn't bother them with the light :loldude: I wake up this morning he is in his cave alone. I do my usual feeding. His right cheek by the barbels is a little swollen. There was no eggs in the caves but should I be worried about the puffiness on the root of his barbels or whiskers? Ps I've notice a smaller pleco hanging around my alpha males cave for a couple of weeks now and 4 days ago my indian almond leaves came in and I see them in the yesterday. Haven't seen her yet this morning to see if she has marks?
I finally found the female he was trapping and her back black lines looked smeared. Looks like he was too rough on her :-o ? I'm thinking it was both their first time?
TwoTankAmin

Re: Trapping!!

Post by TwoTankAmin »

pleco sex is always rough.

There is no need for catappas in a zebra tank.
The Amazon and some of its tributaries, called "whitewater" rivers, bear rich sediments and hydrobiological elements. The blackwater and clearwater rivers, such as the Negro, Tapajós, and Xingu have clear or dark water with few nutrients and little sediment. The Xingu is crystal clear and carries little in the way of sediment.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
wu19
Groupie

Re: Trapping!!

Post by wu19 »

Taking it out TTA. Thanx! Now that I know I have a pair. Should I isolate the pair? Or take what I think is other males out the tank or leave be?