M or F????

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
wu19
Groupie

M or F????

Post by wu19 »

photo (5).JPG
Right
Right
Left
Left
Im doing some cleaning and decided to try to find out? Is there a female or 2 in the mix? I have 7 but trying to get that male out his cave is too much of a hassle. I let him be.
Blackcat
Forum Follower

Re: M or F????

Post by Blackcat »

Hi Wu,

IMO they are too young to sex at present.
I would be confident that there would be a least one female in the group as time progresses. As it appears you bought them rather young. The likelyhood they are all male is unlikely.

Thanks,
wu19
Groupie

Post by wu19 »

Thank you blackcat. I will continue to fatten them up
Blackcat
Forum Follower

Post by Blackcat »

I'm no expert but I can see the biggest (the one in the middle of two) is probably a male; due to the V shape and the broad head.

The other to young to tell. Maybe the other is hard to tell, because of the angle.

IMO I still think this is the most informative and practical way if identifying male or female:

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum/sh ... bra-Plecos

Hope it helps.
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Cool Heating Blog

Post by FrankJScott »

For the people talking about furnace maintenance, smith plumbing and heating, davies plumbing, complete hvac, better heating, ducted heating vents, I highly recommend this top rated plumbing cleaning service url or best heating and cooling near me, heating system installation, york plumbing and heating, geothermal repair near me, geothermal installation, underground heating system, alongside all this top rated boiler repair service site on top of all service heating and air, best heating and air conditioning companies near me, oil boiler repairs near me, new heating system, emergency ac repair, all star heating and cooling, alongside all this new plumbing cleaning service info which is also great. Also have a look at this awesome AC cleaning service info not to mention hrv heating, standard heating and air, eco heating and cooling, heating solutions, plumbing and heating services, emergency air conditioner repair, on top of this new AC repair service link on top of mini split ac installation near me, scott's heating and cooling, same day heating and air, furnace inspection near me, emergency heating and air, comfort plumbing, and don't forget high rated plumbing repair service forum which is also worth a look. I also recommend this awesome AC repair service url not to mention belred energy solutions, mini split ac installation, haining plumbing, cb plumbing and heating, emergency air conditioner repair, gas heater service near me, on top of this best boiler repair service forum and don't forget air on heating and on cooling, hydronic radiant floor heating system, commercial heating systems, carrier heating and air, furnace tune up near me, 24 hour heating and cooling, not to mention useful boiler repair service link which is also great. Finally, have a look at this awesome plumbing repair service info for good measure. Check more Best Heating Blog d8c7f68