New Tank and Zebras

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

wu19
Groupie

New Tank and Zebras

Post by wu19 »

photo(29).JPG
photo(34).JPG
photo(32).JPG
I kept a close eye on her ( im hoping its a female) while she munched on a piece of squid.
I kept a close eye on her ( im hoping its a female) while she munched on a piece of squid.
photo(35).JPG
photo(30).JPG
photo(36).JPG
Hey guys and gals, Its been a couple of months since i lost my zebras. I decided to give my 2 males another try with company. Dont know if it was the combination of Hurricane Sandy and those ten days of stress and 1 of my 2 males being a killer :( but i decided to get a bigger tank and some new stuff. Feel free guys and gals and TTA you know i value your thoughts. Its been close to 3 weeks since my four new zebras came in.
40 Gallon.
Tetra Whisper filter 60.
2 Koralia 1050 powerheads
Waiting for my jbl sansibar substrate.
I ordered more caves from plecocaves.com.
Large Swahili wood.
Waiting for my Cat 5 hurricane battery operated pump.
Pellia Moss.
PH-7
Temp 84 degrees
Ammonia 0
TDS 45
Food, Dry- kens fish sinking pellets catfish sticks, shrimp sticks, spirulina sticks, earthworm sticks, freezed dried tubifex.
Frozen- Squid, bloodworms, daphnia, cyclops-eeze, p-mysis.
jsalas623
Groupie

Re: New Tank and Zebras

Post by jsalas623 »

Looks good!! From who u source your zebras from?
wu19
Groupie

Post by wu19 »

Thanks. I purchased these guys at Unungy.com. Had them for a couple of weeks now and found a name for one already. Pesto from Goodfeathers in the cartoon tiny tunes. This little guy just wants fight everyone. I know their establishing their territories but he's funny. A lot of character.
jsalas623
Groupie

Post by jsalas623 »

Lol!! Have you tried rod47? Weren't u breeding these guys n selling on aquabid?
wu19
Groupie

Post by wu19 »

Yes I have purchased zebras from rod47 and no I never sold or got lucky in breeding. My original zebras I purchased in Maryland. I'm from jersey I drove a total of 6 hours for them. I had 2 wild caught males and 4 juvi. 2 years ago. Everything was fine for about a year til I started finding a couple of my juvi pushed to death in my caves. I purchased from rod47 some months ago. Unfortunately hurricane sandy hit the week that I purchased them and I had 9 days without power. I have a post on it here. What I went threw. Rod47 helped me out a lot threw the ordeal. After those 9 days of hell they all were fine til a week later my females and juvi were dropping one by one. Only my males survived. Tried to make it as short as possible but if you see my hurricane post you will see what I went threw. That's why ordered my cat 5 hurricane battery operated pump and got a bigger tank. Decided to trust my males one last time and also be more prepared for power outages. Thanks again to rod47 for helping me out.