Help with setting up for breeding

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Bettaman

Help with setting up for breeding

Post by Bettaman »

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to the L046 gig & I was just wondering what the best setup for breeding would be. I haven't got them yet(still selling fish to save for them) but I want to get the setup sorted & running well before I get them. I've been keeping fish for about 20yrs & have bred almost everything from Endlers, Cichlids, Bettas(both fancy & wild) & Apistogramas, to Ocellaris Clowns & shrimp, so I've got a fair idea what I'm doing, I just have no idea what the best setup should be for Zebras. What are the ideal water conditions? Do I need current? What size tank? Can I start with just two, if not what's a good sized colony to start with? Are there any tips to help spark spawning? I want to know as much as possible, I have read a hell of a lot but I always want to know more. So any info this forum of the wise can give me would be much appreciated :D