2 x Zebras in Bristol £75 each

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

2 x Zebras in Bristol £75 each

Post by Mindy »

I've just had a call from one of my local shops (where I bought my original two zebs) to say they got two more in and would hold them for me to look at before offering them for general sale. They've come from a wholesalers but that's all I know about them. I don't know size or anything. I will probably have a look tomorrow to find out more. Perhaps I can get pictures.

Anyway, I'm not really sure I want to add any more to my tank at the moment. I have five in a 30" tank. However, I would be happy to get these if anyone else wanted them, but obviously I'd have to know for sure you'd take them. Perhaps we could arrange something.

Anyway, I'm going to see them tomorrow so I'll know more about their size, etc, though I'm hopeless at sexing! If you're interested, I'm in Bristol which is easy to get to from most places. Let me know ASAP because I don't want the shop to be holding them for ages and then me say I don't want them. It was really sweet of them to phone me first. I don't want to spoil that kind of relationship :wink:
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

Try to get some piccys.
If they are definatly Zebs when you see them.
Buy them anyway - I'll bet someone will have them :)
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

Hi m8 do they do courier? to central scotland??? id love them but its a 400 mile drive or 800 mile trip, i bought my vti in Bristol and dont really fancy such a trek again lol, i am very interested in them though, can you please let me know

thanks
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

They don't courier I'm afraid. :(

I just went and saw them. I forgot my camera of course :oops: but one of them looks like a HUGE male. I have not seen one this big before. It's really big, with a massive head on it and very long whiskers. The nose has the more gradual angle down so is that also an indication of male? They look like proper zebras to me and came in as L46. Wild caught apparently. I suppose that would make me wonder how old that big male is. He really is massive. I know I keep going on but I was really struck by him. What a handsome fish.

The other I'm not really sure of. It has a shorter face definitely, and though I can see 2 or 3 whiskers, they don't extend past the eye. Could be a female, could be a male on it's way. I really don't know. This one was around 2.5"+. Not as big as the other one, but not as small as my first two.

They both look healthy, with just a little bit of splitting on the tail fin which could have happened in transit.

I'm almost tempted to get that giant male myself, but I don't know what sort of havoc that would create in my tank. He's bigger than any of my zebs. Though probably a little bigger and beefier than my biggest female, who's a fairly hefty mama. Any opinions? And does anyone else want them?
Markymole
Forum Follower

Post by Markymole »

Hey Mindy,where abouts in bristol is this fish shop.Im working in mangotsfield during the week so may pop along and take a look,i could do with another female :wink:
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

They haven't put them out on display yet. They're holding them back for me for a week or so. There is another customer of theirs who doesn't know they've come in but if I don't take them, they're going to him because he ALWAYS buys them when they come in, so I doubt they will ever go out on display. That's not very helpful, I know.

I'm happy to buy it and bring it home if you're definitely interested...
Markymole
Forum Follower

Post by Markymole »

Thank you for the offer Mindy but i`d prefer to go take a look see myself just to be sure of the sexing.im only really interested in possibly getting one or two more females as im limited in tank size :cry:
msidgwick

Post by msidgwick »

Thats cheap that is there any chance you can get pictures as i know someone who would take both subject to seeing them in a picture.
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

if i arranged a courier would it be poss for me to send you the cash and something for yourself off course, and get you to pack it up (the large male) for me and get the courier to collect it? or would this be 2 much hassle?? id really love to get the male but its the only way i could get it. or would they allow me to arrange a courier to collect from them direct even??
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Hmmmm.... what to do!

OK... Neo, you asked first so if you find out how much a courier costs, and decide if you want to spend that much. I will do my best to pack them and will get advice as to the best way to do it. I don't have the means to put extra oxygen in the bags though. But I can find out what's the best way to do it with ordinary air. Obviously, I will do my best but shipping carries risks. I'm not a retailer and can't offer live arrival guarantees. I'm just being a good Zebbie neighbour!

It might be an idea to speak to a fish shop or company that uses couriers regularly so that you can get one that is experienced with transporting fish, and perhaps they have a branch down here.

Msidgwick - If Neo decides he doesn't want them, I'll get pictures to you to show your mate. OK?

Is that fair guys? :wink:
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

Mindy wrote:Hmmmm.... what to do!

OK... Neo, you asked first so if you find out how much a courier costs, and decide if you want to spend that much. I will do my best to pack them and will get advice as to the best way to do it. I don't have the means to put extra oxygen in the bags though. But I can find out what's the best way to do it with ordinary air. Obviously, I will do my best but shipping carries risks. I'm not a retailer and can't offer live arrival guarantees. I'm just being a good Zebbie neighbour!

It might be an idea to speak to a fish shop or company that uses couriers regularly so that you can get one that is experienced with transporting fish, and perhaps they have a branch down here.

Msidgwick - If Neo decides he doesn't want them, I'll get pictures to you to show your mate. OK?

Is that fair guys? :wink:
i deffinatly want the large male and the price aint a problem, thanks for your help and lets hope i get the little big one home safely :wink: let me know when you want the money and how much etc and i can transfer it, paypal it or send it

thanks your a star :wink:

oh and can you get a pic please?
Markymole
Forum Follower

Post by Markymole »

Are you gonna take both Neo or just the male :?:
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

Markymole wrote:Are you gonna take both Neo or just the male :?:
just the male for now m8
Markymole
Forum Follower

Post by Markymole »

Mindy if you can be at least 80% sure the other one is a female then i`ll take it :wink:
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

Gonna phone some couriers now, anyone know of any thats good?