L046 introduction

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

diskusman

L046 introduction

Post by diskusman »

Hi guys. I´m going to buy some L046 and wonder how I best set things up for them.. Can i put them straight in my tank (with "cup in little" tech.) or should i run them in a small seperate tank, and slowly let them get used to my water? // Tobias from Sweden
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Hi Diskusman, welcome to the forum. I would always recommend a quarantine period before introducing them into your main tank. I'd test the water that you get them in and then check that against your own tank water, that way your gonna know if there is any drastic changes. If it were me, I would use the drip technique over a period of 1-2 hours especially if there was a big difference in readings.
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Definately go with the drip technique. Put the fish in a bucket with the water they were transported in. Use some old airhose, with a small valve, and syphon some of yout tank water into bag water over a period of 1 - 2 hours. Put a table cloth or towel over the bucket to help keep heat in etc.

If possible I would set up a quarentine tank, just to be on the safe side.

then after a couple of hours, net the fish and place them in teh tank, ( try and make sure that the temperature is similar.

rob
kf

Post by kf »

:arrow: i did the same way as what Rob mention above :!: