Building interior.....

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

See - told you he's a gentleman :D

(and ok... I'm very happy I have help with the musclework :lol: )
Adam

Post by Adam »

Sorry :oops: I just didn't want Notnoisy to miss out on any credit that's all, honest :wink: .

I thought that the algal bloom may clear by itself as the tank cycled.

Like it, I don't like it I want it!!! I was wondering, when you visit Rob to get some of his zebras if you might pass by my house on the way back to Norway. I have an effects tank here that is just begging to have the McEve plec conversion done on it :lol: .
Last edited by Adam on Tue May 31, 2005 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

:lol: That could be fun! Then I don't have to nag you for your picture anymore either :wink:

hmmm... maybe I'de even be able to earn myself a Zebby :wink: :lol:

Just kidding you LOL
Adam

Post by Adam »

You drive a hard bargain McEve, but I don't expect anything less. I think a zebra would be small payment for a tank like yours. You must have put in quite a few hours if not days on your tank. I'll see what I can do about the zebra, I do seem to have quite a few spare ones knocking about :wink: .

:oops: Clean forgot about posting a picture.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

The Queens have moved in, taken one cave each - one is nowhere to be seen :D

Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Oooh! Isn't it lovely seeing them appreciate all your hard work? How wonderful! :D
Adam

Post by Adam »

Superb pictures McEve, the clarity is fantastic especially on the second photo. Did you run them through PS? Nice to see that the queens are settling in, they've taken up caves already which pretty much means they feel at home.

Job well done McEve :D .
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

This is the best tank i have ever seen Well done McEve, we must stop giving you a big head!! lol but really well done good pics as well
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I always have to run the photos through PS, it would be a dialup users nightmare if I didn't LOL The camera is really good though, so I don't have to do much to them except the resizing, all I have to do is get the focus right, which I didn't in the first pic :oops:

I'm glad you like it, and you won't give me a big head at all, I'm very much aware of the dangers this setup poses, and it won't be worth much if it doesn't give a good enviorment.

So just keep it coming guys and girls 8) LOL J/K! :lol:

I'm very happy to see the Queens having taken up a cave though, as like you say Adam, that would mean they pretty much have settled in - especially as I see them out and about after dark, hunting for food, then back home again :)
Lied
Groupie

Post by Lied »

Mc Eve, what a great idea the tank looks beautiful! Mind if I use your idea a bit...? :oops: more pics! more pics! :lol:
Cute ^_^
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Hi Lied,

Glad you like it! :D The tank has settled in fine, no problems so far, and all fish are settled where they want to be. All the caves are occupied.

I have made a summary of the building process here

I'll see if I can get a representative shot of the tank tonight, it still looks nice, and we're rather proud of the result :oops:

Feel free to steal any or all of this design.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

This is what it looks like today:

Quite interesting to see how a swordplant has rooted itself on the bogwood to the far right. I've never seen them do that before :) I don't know if it will be able to survive there, but will leave it and see what happens
Lied
Groupie

Post by Lied »

WOW that looks absolutely fantastic! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Cute ^_^
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Thanks :) I guess the fish are happy so far too, the Angles have spawned 8) It was the Queens I hope would spawn though :lol:

edit:
hmmm... this is more interesting than I though lol You can see them on the webcam if you like.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi McEve,

I'm surprised at how mature the tank looks for the relatively short period of time that it has been up and running. :D The plants are looking great, well settled in if the sword is starting to root on the bogwood. I have only ever managed to get Java fern, Java moss and Anubias to root on bogwood. What sort of things are you doing for the plants? I would love to have a planted setup again instead of the plantless setups I currently have. I need some help as I'm afraid that I'm a bit of a plant murderer. :oops:

Thanks.

Adam