Is it ok to put new adults in with smaller juveniles

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Is it ok to put new adults in with smaller juveniles

Post by DANthirty »

I have been offered some adult zebbys for next week (not sure the size or sex as i havent seen them yet) but was wondering if it would be ok to put them in with 6 fish that are from 50cm to 65cm or would they pick on them and fight over new territories? I know im probably at my limit in a 30 gallon tank but i cant resist the temptation off 1 or 2 more fish as i hope to be buying a bigger tank in the future. also what is the easist way (if there is such a thing) off sexeing these fish, ive seen all the pics and stuff but just wondered if there was a tried and tested method
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

HI Dan

WOW>>>>
6 fish that are from 50cm to 65cm
thy're the biggest zerbas, I've ever heard of :P :wink: They'll eat the new ones for breky!!

They should be fine, once again making sure that there are lots of hiding places. I would suggest that you quarentine the fish first however, 6 little zebra's are kinda difficult to replace if anything goes wrong. :idea:

As far as sexing them goes, I would personally go for the pectorial fins and elongation of the head.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

:lol: ok the jokes on me yep they would be mighty big fish wouldnt they :lol: i ment mm :oops: