male missing piece of fin

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

Tariq
Obsessed!!

male missing piece of fin

Post by Tariq »

Hi,
the male i bougth yesterday is missing a piece of his back sidefin and the problem is it starts from the body,i think he lost it when the person was catching him.what kind of medicine could i use and can i leave him in the main tank or is there any kind of chance of a infection that could touch the other fish?
thanks
- 10Xadult L-46(4males, 6females)+fry
- 10Xyoung L-46(4-5 cm)
- 5Xyoung L-46(3,5 cm)
-22XDiscus(7breedingpairs)
-1xl260
-20Xcorysterbai
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Tariq,

You may want to try a 3 day course of Esha 2000 in the tank ,which will prevent/cure any infection and will also help the wound heal. It is also a good Quarantine treatment together with Esha Exit.

Regards,
Des.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Tariq

I would second that, Des recently recommended ESHA 2000 for one of my prime females, (Who was egg laden at the time), and it done the trick. Even got a spawn!!!

Is the fish missing the primary fin bone, or has it just ripped the fin itself? If it has lost the main part of the fin it probably will not grow back. SO long as you keep the infection out however, this should not pose any future problem.

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Tariq
Obsessed!!

Post by Tariq »

Hi rob,wel it seems to be an old injury,becuase it hasnt become infected or anything and yes it was from the bone the thicker part of the fin..
the male is doing fine.
anyways thanks for your help rob and des.take care
- 10Xadult L-46(4males, 6females)+fry
- 10Xyoung L-46(4-5 cm)
- 5Xyoung L-46(3,5 cm)
-22XDiscus(7breedingpairs)
-1xl260
-20Xcorysterbai