Aquascaping LARGE tank

The lights are dimmed, the fire is blazing in the big old fireplace, your favourite tunes are on in the background, and I'm just about to pour you a big glass of red!!! Let's settle down on the big old leather sofa and have a chat!!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Aquascaping LARGE tank

Post by McEve »

Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Wow... one day McEve... one day we might all be able to have tanks like that. Just stunning! Lucky little fish! 8)
Adam

Post by Adam »

:shock:. That's got to be one of the most impressive setups I have ever seen 8) . I wonder if the owner has thought about water changes, I hope he has it automated somehow. It's a shame he has gone for tetras from what I can make out, personally I would have put a whacking great big Arowana in there. Oh just remembered the tank isn't covered, maybe something else that's BIG and doesn't jump :D .
Last edited by Adam on Fri May 13, 2005 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Is that Takashi Amano setting up that tank? If so... that would explain the small fish. He always seems to use large groups of small fish in his set ups...
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Yes Mindy, it is Takashi Amano. That tank design page has been up a few years. Every time I see it I wonder where I can get enough silicone to just do a room in my basement! My husband jokes about it, but I think he's worried I'm serious ;).

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

This guy is the GOD of all that is fishkepping as far as I am concerned. It was through one of this books that I got into it seriously. I still have my dream that I will one-day build my own house, with a tropical hothouse, and planted tank spanning the whole side of my living room!!!

:wink:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Ed_R
Obsessed!!

Post by Ed_R »

I have no idea how long his tanks STAY set up after they're photographed, though.