It's either me or the fish!

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

wandj
Obsessed!!

It's either me or the fish!

Post by wandj »

Umm...I don't think my fish needs help anymore, but I think I do.

Last night I had a "nightmare" that one of my Zebras died.

This morning I looked into one of my Zebra tanks and I saw my female with a huge burst of white, flaky stuff sticking out of her head...just behind the eyeball and about 1/4 inch in size. It looked huge! And it stuck out quite a bit too. I raced to get my camera and I took about 4 good shots. I pushed her around a bit with my hand to get her to the front of the tank and also to see if it was just left-over food stuck to her head, but it looked pretty attached. I had to work today so I threw in a half dose of Maracyn (just in case it was some kind of fungas) and raced off to work. It didn't look like fungas, but I had no idea what it could be.
I also took my fish diesease books with me but I didn't find anything that even resembled what I saw.
Well, I just checked on her now, almost expecting her to be dead, but she is.....just fine!
There is not a single mark on her!
There is absolutely no sign of anything on her head anymore!

I have a film camera and I had just started a new roll....so it might be awhile before I can develop them.

When I get it developed, I will see if I need new glassess and/or to make a visit to the head doctor.

And yes, I will post some pics here so I can really embarrass myself.

(It was beefheart I had fed them the night before)
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

He he

Hi Wandj

could hae been a bit of beef heart as it tends to go white once all the blood is removed from it. It also can appear flaky as it is just made up of filaments.

Could it have been cught on the gillplate?

ANywa, glad it's worked out OK... look forward to having a laugh at the photos!!!

Rob :lol:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
wandj
Obsessed!!

pic finally here!

Post by wandj »

Finally got the pics developed.

Here is a pic of the mystery diesease:

wandj
Obsessed!!

Post by wandj »

And here is a pic of her after I got home from work:

So it must be me! :lol:
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

I don't blame you for freaking out! It looks like a brain explosion! :shock: And she looks so innocent in the second picture too! ha ha!
Adam

Post by Adam »

:shock: I think I would have filled my pants with the proverbial brown stuff if I saw that on one of my zebras. As Rob said it was more than likely a bit of beef heart caught up in the zebras gill plate.